Capitalcube gives ABAXIS, Inc. a score of 69.
Our analysis is based on comparing ABAXIS, Inc. with the following peers – Becton, Dickinson and Company, IDEXX Laboratories, Inc., Integra LifeSciences Holdings Corporation, West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc., ICU Medical, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Abbott Laboratories, Heska Corporation and Johnson & Johnson (BDX-US, IDXX-US, IART-US, WST-US, ICUI-US, TMO-US, ABT-US, HSKA-US and JNJ-US).
ABAXIS, Inc. has a fundamental score of 69 and has a relative valuation of NEUTRAL.
Access our research and ratings on ABAXIS, Inc.
- Considering peers, relative underperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a lagging position.
- It’s current Price/Book of 3.88 is about median in its peer group.
- We classify ABAX-US as Harvesting because of the market’s relatively low growth expectations despite its relatively high returns.
- ABAX-US has a successful operating model with relatively high net profit margins and asset turns.
- Compared with its chosen peers, the company’s annual revenues and earnings change at a slower rate, implying a lack of strategic focus and/or lack of execution success.
- ABAX-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s relatively high pre-tax margin suggests tight control on operating costs versus peers.
- While ABAX-US‘s revenue growth in recent years has been above the peer median, the stock’s P/E ratio is less than the peer median suggesting that the company’s earnings may be peaking and the market expects a decline in its growth expectations.
- The company’s level of capital investment suggests it might be under-investing in a business with above median returns.
- ABAX-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
Access our research and ratings on ABAXIS, Inc.
Leverage & Liquidity
ABAX-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- With debt at a relatively low 0.03% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 8.94%), and a well-cushioned interest coverage level of 811.65x, ABAX-US can probably borrow quickly. We classify the company as Quick & Able in terms of its capacity to raise additional debt.
- All 9 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
ABAX-US has maintained its Quick & Able profile from the recent year-end.
- ABAX-US‘s interest coverage has declined 187.35 points from last year’s high but remains above its five-year average interest coverage of 674.70.
- Though its interest coverage decreased to 811.65x from 999x (in 2017), its peer median remained relatively stable during this period at 16.81x.
- Interest coverage fell 187.45 points relative to peers.
- ABAX-US‘s debt-EV is its lowest relative to the last five years and compares to a high of 0.09% in 2014.
- Though its debt-EV has remained relatively stable at 0.03% compared to 2017, its peer median has decreased to 8.94% from 9.98% during this period.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV rose 1.03 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for ABAXIS, Inc.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Becton, Dickinson and Company||38.38||5.56||4.85||10.95|
|IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.||8.7||0.9||11.4||29.58|
|Integra LifeSciences Holdings Corporation||17.79||3.46||7.41||13.96|
|West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.||3.28||2.48||22.23||131.59|
|ICU Medical, Inc.||2.3||4.78||101.25||75.65|
|Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.||19.94||1.47||5.91||22.45|
|Johnson & Johnson||9.17||1.34||27.52||61.86|
|Best In Class||0.03||5.66||811.65||12064.84|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for ABAXIS, Inc.?
ABAXIS, Inc. develops, manufactures and markets portable blood analysis systems. It operates through the following segments: Medical Market and Veterinary Market. The Medical Market segment serves a worldwide customer group consisting of military installations, physicians’ office practices across all specialties, urgent care, outpatient and walk-in clinics health screening operations, home care providers, nursing homes, ambulance companies, oncology treatment clinics, dialysis centers, pharmacies and hospital labs. The Veterinary Market segment serves a customer group consisting of companion animal hospitals, animal clinics with mixed practices of small animals, birds and reptiles, equine and bovine practitioners, veterinary emergency clinics, veterinary referral hospitals, universities, government, pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies and private research laboratories. The company was founded by Vladimir E. Ostoich in April 1989 and is headquartered in Union City, CA.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.