Acciona SA relative valuation is now OVERVALUED. It was previously rated UNDERVALUED, and has a fundamental analysis score of 47.
Our analysis is based on comparing Acciona SA with the following peers – Planigrupo LATAM, S.A.B. de C.V., Promotora y Operadora de Infraestructura SA Class L, Prime City One Capital Corp. and Reco International Group Inc. (PLANI-MX, PINFRAL-MX, PMO.H-CA and RGI-CA).
Acciona SA’s price of USD 73.77 is greater than CapitalCube’s implied price of USD 69.24. At this level, CapitalCube believes that Acciona SA is overvalued. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between USD 66.51 and USD 84.50.
- Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
- Acciona SA’s current Price/Book of 0.90 is about median in its peer group.
- ACXIF-US outperforms its peers with a relatively high operating performance and the market also expects faster growth relative to its peers
- ACXIF-US has relatively high profit margins while operating with median asset turns.
- Compared with its chosen peers, the company’s annual revenues and earnings change at a slower rate, implying a lack of strategic focus and/or lack of execution success.
- Over the last five years, ACXIF-US‘s return on assets has improved from median to better than the median among its peers, suggesting the company has found relative operating advantages.
- The company’s margins are around the peer medians and do not suggest any benefit from a pricing or an operating cost advantage versus peers.
- While ACXIF-US‘s revenues have increased slower than peer median, the market currently gives the company a higher than peer median P/E ratio and may be factoring in some sort of a strategic play.
- The company seems to be over-investing in a business with median returns.
- ACXIF-US seems too levered to raise additional debt.
Acciona SA has a fundamental score of 47 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Acciona SA’s Fundamental Analysis Score is about average at 47, thus not allowing for a specific classification into the Value – Price Matrix.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
Drivers of Valuation
ACXIF-US has an Outperforming profile relative to peers.
ACXIF-US achieved a better operating performance than the median of its chosen peers (ROE of 17.71% compared to the peer median ROE of 10.28%) and the market still expects faster growth from it than from those peers (P/E of 5.37 compared to peer median of 3.27).
The company’s current Price/Book of 0.90 is about median in its peer group.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
ACXIF-US has moved to an Outperforming from a relatively high ROE profile at the recent year-end.
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Acciona SA is a holding company, which engages in development and management of infrastructure and renewable energy. It operates through the following segments: Energy, Construction, Water, Services, and Other Activities. The Energy segment includes industrial and commercial activities of the electricity business, ranging from the construction of wind farms to the generation, distribution, and retailing of various energy sources. The Construction segment consists of construction and engineering activities and transport and hospital concessions. The Water segment comprises of activities relating to the construction of desalination plants, water treatment plants and drinking water stations as well as the management of the entire water cycle. The Services segment provides facility services, airport handling services, waste collection and treatment, and logistics services. The Other Activities segment deals with businesses relating to fund management and stock market brokerage, wine production, as well as the activities of the ACCIONA Trasmediterranea subgroup, and other investments. The company was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Alcobendas, Spain.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.