Capitalcube gives Alstom SA a score of 63.
Our analysis is based on comparing Alstom SA with the following peers – Vergnet S.A., Touax SA and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, S.A. (ALVER-FR, TOUP-FR and SGRE-ES).
Alstom SA has a fundamental score of 63 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Alstom SA
- With respect to peers, relative outperformance over the last year is in contrast to the more recent underperformance.
- It currently trades at a Price/Book ratio of (2.04).
- ALO-FR‘s operating performance is relatively good compared to its peers. The market currently does not expect high earnings growth relative to its peers but seems to expect the company to maintain its relatively high rates of return.
- ALO-FR has relatively high profit margins while operating with median asset turns.
- Compared with its chosen peers, changes in the company’s annual earnings are better than the changes in its revenue, implying better than median cost control and/or some economies of scale.
- ALO-FR‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s relatively high pre-tax margin suggests tight control on operating costs versus peers.
- While ALO-FR‘s revenues growth has been below the peer median in the last few years, the market still gives the stock a P/E ratio that is around peer median and seems to see the company as a long-term strategic bet.
- The company’s relatively low level of capital investment and below peer median returns on capital suggest that the company is in maintenance mode.
- ALO-FR has additional debt capacity.
Access our research and ratings on Alstom SA
Leverage & Liquidity
ALO-FR has additional debt capacity.
- With debt at a reasonable 25.61% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 24.51%), and a well-cushioned interest coverage level of 5.95x, ALO-FR has the capacity to borrow some more.
- All 3 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
ALO-FR has moved to a relatively high liquidity from a Limited Flexibility profile at the prior year-end.
- ALO-FR‘s interest coverage is upward trending and is above (but within one standard deviation of) its four-year average interest coverage of 4.33x.
- The increase in its interest coverage to 5.95x from 1.63x (in 2016) was also accompanied by an increase in its peer median during this period to 3.40x from 0.84x.
- Interest coverage rose 1.76 points relative to peers.
- ALO-FR‘s debt-EV is its lowest over the last four years and compares to a high of 59.51% in 2014.
- The decrease in its debt-EV to 25.61% from 50.18% (in 2016) was also accompanied by a decrease in its peer median during this period to 24.51% from 32.51%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV fell 16.57 percentage points. Unlike the peer median, it is also above the 25% leverage benchmark.
Access the detailed analysis for Alstom SA
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, S.A.||9.99||1.05||12.9||75.53|
|Best In Class||9.99||1.07||12.9||75.53|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Alstom SA?
Alstom SA engages in the provision of power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure. Its products include bogies, traction systems, electrification, track laying, and urban integrated solution. It also offers services such as parts and repairs, maintenance, modernisation, and support services. The company was founded in 1989 and is headquartered in Saint-Ouen, France.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.