Capitalcube gives Analogic Corp. a score of 50.
Our analysis is based on comparing Analogic Corp. with the following peers – OSI Systems, Inc., L3 Technologies, Inc., Hologic, Inc., Boston Scientific Corporation, Varian Medical Systems, Inc., Agilent Technologies, Inc., Micron Solutions, Inc., Integer Holdings Corporation, General Electric Company and Sparton Corporation (OSIS-US, LLL-US, HOLX-US, BSX-US, VAR-US, A-US, MICR-US, ITGR-US, GE-US and SPA-US).
Analogic Corp. has a fundamental score of 50 and has a relative valuation of UNDERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Analogic Corp.
- Compared to peers, relative underperformance over the last year is in contrast with the more recent outperformance.
- It trades at a lower Price/Book multiple (1.83) than its peer median (2.86).
- The market expects faster earnings growth from ALOG-US than from its peers and also a turnaround in its current ROE.
- ALOG-US has relatively low profit margins and median asset efficiency.
- Compared with its chosen peers, the company’s annual revenues and earnings change at a slower rate, implying a lack of strategic focus and/or lack of execution success.
- Over the last five years, ALOG-US‘s return on assets has eroded from above median to below median among its peers suggesting declining relative operating performance.
- Company appears to give away relatively high gross margins to relatively high operating costs suggesting a differentiated product portfolio with low pre-tax margins relative to peers.
- While ALOG-US‘s revenues have increased slower than peer median, the market currently gives the company a higher than peer median P/E ratio and may be factoring in some sort of a strategic play.
- The company’s level of capital investment suggests it might be under-investing in a business with above median returns.
- ALOG-US currently does not have any debt.
Access our research and ratings on Analogic Corp.
Leverage & Liquidity
ALOG-US currently does not have any debt.
- We consider the company to have a Quick & Able profile as it currently does not have any debt. In comparison, the median level of debt as percent of enterprise value for its peer group is currently 21.78%.
- All 10 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
Access the detailed analysis for Analogic Corp.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|OSI Systems, Inc.||21.78||1.89||10.12||32.15|
|L3 Technologies, Inc.||20.8||1.74||6.1||35.01|
|Boston Scientific Corporation||14.04||0.87||5.49||17.49|
|Varian Medical Systems, Inc.||6.66||1.52||41.61||82.31|
|Agilent Technologies, Inc.||11.79||3.2||9.74||45.15|
|Micron Solutions, Inc.||34.37||1.18||-1.34||19.81|
|Integer Holdings Corporation||58.59||2.59||1.58||7.65|
|General Electric Company||36.7||1.34||2.53||7.82|
|Analogic Corporation||0||5.65||No interest exp||999|
|Best In Class||6.66||5.65||No interest exp||999|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Analogic Corp.?
Analogic Corp. provides healthcare and security technology solutions to advance the practice of medicine and save lives. It operates through three segments: Medical Imaging, Ultrasound and Security Technology. The Medical Imaging segment includes systems and subsystems for computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging medical imaging equipment as well as state-of-the-art, selenium-based detectors for screening of breast cancer and other diagnostic applications in mammography. The Ultrasound segment includes ultrasound systems and transducers primarily in the urology, surgery, anesthesia, and point-of-care markets. The Security Technology segment includes advanced threat detecting computed tomography systems utilizing its expertise in advanced imaging technology, primarily used in checked baggage screening at airports worldwide. The company was founded by Bernard Marshall Gordon in November 1967 and is headquartered in Peabody, MA.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.