AutoWeb, Inc. relative valuation is UNDERVALUED and it has a fundamental analysis score of 81.
Our analysis is based on comparing AutoWeb, Inc. with the following peers – Insignia Systems, Inc., TrueCar, Inc. and SPAR Group, Inc. (ISIG-US, TRUE-US and SGRP-US).
AutoWeb, Inc. has shown underwhelming performance over the last one year while growing strongly over the last month. AutoWeb, Inc.’s price momentum over the last month, at 5.78% has been better than that over the last year, which was -53.30%. Also from a peer group perspective, AutoWeb, Inc. has performed better, since the peer group performance was 3.30% over the last month.
- Compared to peers, relative underperformance over the last year is in contrast with the more recent outperformance.
- It trades at a lower Price/Book multiple (0.76) than its peer median (1.13).
- We classify AUTO-US as Harvesting because of the market’s relatively low growth expectations despite its relatively high returns.
- AUTO-US has relatively high profit margins while operating with median asset turns.
- The company’s year-on-year change in revenues and earnings are better than the median among its peer group.
- AUTO-US’s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s relatively high pre-tax margin suggests tight control on operating costs versus peers.
- While AUTO-US’s revenue growth in recent years has been above the peer median, the stock’s P/E ratio is less than the peer median suggesting that the company’s earnings may be peaking and the market expects a decline in its growth expectations.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- AUTO-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- Our analysis rates AutoWeb, Inc. as UNDERVALUED relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
Compared to peers, relative underperformance over the last year is in contrast with the more recent outperformance.
AUTO-US’s share price performance of -53.30% over the last 12 months is below its peer median but its 30-day trend in share price performance of 5.78% is better than the peer median. This recent rising stock price may herald a change in relative share price performance.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
AutoWeb, Inc.’s price of USD 7.50 is lower than CapitalCube’s implied price of USD 13.97. CapitalCube believes that at these levels, AutoWeb, Inc. is undervalued and has upside potential. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between USD 6.63 and USD 15.28.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
AutoWeb, Inc. provides high quality consumer leads and associated marketing services to automotive dealers and manufacturers throughout the United States. It also provides consumers with robust and original online automotive content to help them make informed car-buying decisions. AutoWeb was founded by John C. Bedrosian and Peter R. Ellis and in January 1995 and is headquartered in Irvine, CA.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.