Banco Macro SA relative valuation is OVERVALUED and it has a fundamental analysis score of 54.
Our analysis is based on comparing Banco Macro SA with the following peers – BBVA Banco Frances SA Sponsored ADR, Grupo Financiero Galicia SA Sponsored ADR Class B, Banco Santander-Chile Sponsored ADR, Banco Santander S.A. Sponsored ADR, Citigroup Inc and Banco Santander Rio SA Class B (BFR-US, GGAL-US, BSAC-US, SAN-US, C-US and BRIO-AR).
Banco Macro SA has shown good performance overall, both over the last one year (at 27.05%) as well as over the last month (at 7.26%). Share price performance over the last month, though has been lower than that over the last year. But Banco Macro SA’s stock has done better than its overall peer group whose performance was 1.75% over the last month.
- From a peer analysis perspective, relative outperformance last month is up from a median performance last year.
- It’s current Price/Book of 2.95 is about median in its peer group.
- The market expects BMA-US to grow at about the same rate as the peers and to maintain the median returns it currently generates.
- BMA-US‘s relative capital efficiency and net profit margins are both around the median level.
- Changes in annual revenues are in line with its chosen peers but lags in terms of earnings suggesting that the company is less cost conscious and may be spending for growth.
- BMA-US‘s return on equity currently and over the past five years is around the peer median and suggest that it does not have any particular operational advantages versus peers.
- While the company’s lending operations do not seem to benefit from any relative pricing advantage its margins suggest relatively low operating costs.
- While BMA-US‘s revenues in recent years have grown faster than the peer median, the market gives the stock a P/E ratio that is around peer median suggesting that the market has some questions about the company’s long-term strategy.
- The company’s equity capital investment seems appropriate for a business with peer median returns.
- Our analysis rates Banco Macro SA as OVERVALUED relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
From a peer analysis perspective, relative outperformance last month is up from a median performance last year.
While BMA-US‘s change in share price of 27.05% for the last 12 months is in line with its peer median, its more recent 30-day share price performance of 7.26% is above the peer median. This suggests the company’s performance has improved more recently relative to peers.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
Banco Macro SA’s price of USD 96.61 is greater than CapitalCube’s implied price of USD 62.99. At this level, CapitalCube believes that Banco Macro SA is overvalued. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between USD 61.12 and USD 97.86.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Banco Macro SA engages in the provision of financial and banking services. It operates through the Retail Banking and Corporate Banking segments. It also offers savings, checking accounts, time deposits, fund management, loans, mortgages, and direct banking transactions. The company was founded on November 21, 1966 and is headquartered in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.