Capitalcube gives Bodycote Plc a score of 59.
Our analysis is based on comparing Bodycote Plc with the following peers – Renew Holdings plc, Redhall Group plc and Costain Group PLC (RNWH-GB, RHL-GB and COST-GB).
Bodycote Plc has a fundamental score of 59 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Bodycote Plc
- Compared to peers, relative outperformance over the last year has faded more recently.
- It’s current Price/Book of 2.78 is about median in its peer group.
- The market expects BOY-GB‘s earnings to grow at about the same rate as its chosen peers and also does not seem to expect much improvement in its below peer median returns.
- BOY-GB‘s relatively high profit margins are burdened by relative asset inefficiency.
- Change in the company’s annual revenues seems to be coming at the expense of earnings.
- BOY-GB‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s relatively high gross and pre-tax margins suggest a differentiated product portfolio and tight control on operating costs relative to peers.
- While BOY-GB‘s revenues growth has been below the peer median in the last few years, the market still gives the stock a P/E ratio that is around peer median and seems to see the company as a long-term strategic bet.
- The company’s relatively low level of capital investment and below peer median returns on capital suggest that the company is in maintenance mode.
- BOY-GB has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
Access our research and ratings on Bodycote Plc
Leverage & Liquidity
BOY-GB has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- With debt at a relatively low 0.16% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 12.14%), and a well-cushioned interest coverage level of 42.96x, BOY-GB can probably borrow quickly. We classify the company as Quick & Able in terms of its capacity to raise additional debt.
- All 3 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
BOY-GB has maintained its Quick & Able profile from the prior year-end.
- BOY-GB‘s interest coverage has increased 9.00 points from last year’s low but is still below its four-year average interest coverage of 105.35.
- The increase in its interest coverage to 42.96x from 33.96x (in 2015) was also accompanied by an increase in its peer median during this period to 25.18x from 14.50x.
- Interest coverage fell 1.68 points relative to peers.
- BOY-GB‘s debt-EV is less than (but within one standard deviation of) its four-year average debt-EV of 1.41%.
- Compared to 2015, debt-EV has remained relatively stable for both the company (0.16%) and the peer median (12.14%).
Access the detailed analysis for Bodycote Plc
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Renew Holdings plc||3.99||0.64||41.36||136.05|
|Redhall Group plc||34.1||1.29||0.47||-8.9|
|Costain Group PLC||20.29||1.18||9||66.93|
|Best In Class||0.16||1.29||42.96||2227.27|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Bodycote Plc?
Bodycote Plc engages in the provision of thermal processing services. Its thermal processing services comprises of core technologies, which include heat treatments, metal joining, hot isostatic pressing, and surface technology. It operates through the Aerospace, Defense, and Energy; and Automotive and General Industrial segments. The company was founded in 1923 and is headquartered in Macclesfield, the United Kingdom.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.