Bridgford Foods Corp. relative valuation is UNDERVALUED and it has a fundamental analysis score of 63.
Our analysis is based on comparing Bridgford Foods Corp. with the following peers – J & J Snack Foods Corp., Inventure Foods, Inc. and Campbell Soup Company (JJSF-US, SNAK-US and CPB-US).
Bridgford Foods Corp. has shown overwhelming performance over the last one year at 35.56%. But over the last month performance has declined by -11.27%. In fact, Bridgford Foods Corp.’s monthly share performance has also lagged its overall peer group (median share price performance was -1.41 last month).
- With respect to peers, relative outperformance over the last year is in contrast to the more recent underperformance.
- Bridgford Foods Corporation trades at a lower Price/Book multiple (2.71) than its peer median (3.59).
- We classify BRID-US as Harvesting because of the market’s relatively low growth expectations despite its relatively high returns.
- BRID-US has a successful operating model with relatively high net profit margins and asset turns.
- Changes in annual earnings (relative to peers) are better than the change in its revenues (relative to peers), implying the company is focused more on earnings.
- Over the last five years, BRID-US‘s return on assets has improved from below median to better than the median among its peers, suggesting that the company has improved its relative operations markedly.
- The company’s margins are around the peer medians and do not suggest any benefit from a pricing or an operating cost advantage versus peers.
- BRID-US‘s revenues have grown more slowly than the peer median over the last few years, which combined with the stock price’s relatively low P/E ratio suggests substandard growth expectations relative to peers.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- BRID-US currently does not have any debt.
- Our analysis rates Bridgford Foods Corp. as UNDERVALUED relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
With respect to peers, relative outperformance over the last year is in contrast to the more recent underperformance.
BRID-US‘s change in share price of 35.56% for the last 12 months is better than its peer median. However, the 30-day trend in its share price performance of -11.27% is below the peer median suggesting that the company’s recent performance has faded significantly relative to peers.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
Bridgford Foods Corp.’s price of USD 12.20 is lower than CapitalCube’s implied price of USD 21.73. CapitalCube believes that at these levels, Bridgford Foods Corp. is undervalued and has upside potential. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between USD 8.40 and USD 16.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Bridgford Foods Corp. engages in the manufacturing, marketing and distribution of frozen and snack food products throughout the United States. It operates through two business segments: Frozen Food Products and Snack Food Products. The Frozen Food Products segment manufactures and distributes food products, including biscuits, bread dough items, roll dough items and sandwiches. The Snack Food Products segment distribute both products manufactured by the company and products manufactured or processed by third parties. Bridgford Foods was founded by Hugh H. Bridgford in February 1932 and is headquartered in Anaheim, CA.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.