Bridgford Foods Corp. relative valuation is UNDERVALUED and it has a fundamental analysis score of 63.
Our analysis is based on comparing Bridgford Foods Corp. with the following peers – J & J Snack Foods Corp., Inventure Foods, Inc. and Campbell Soup Company (JJSF-US, SNAK-US and CPB-US).
Bridgford Foods Corp. has shown excellent performance overall, both over the last one year as well as over the last month. In fact, Bridgford Foods Corp.’s price momentum over the last month, at 48.11% has been better than that over the last year, which was 33.17%. Also from a peer group perspective, Bridgford Foods Corp. has performed better, since the peer group performance was 0.53% over the last month.
- Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
- It’s current Price/Book of 3.62 is about median in its peer group.
- We classify BRID-US as Harvesting because of the market’s relatively low growth expectations despite its relatively high returns.
- BRID-US‘s median net profit margins and relatively high asset efficiency give it some operating leverage.
- Changes in annual revenues (relative to peers) are better than the change in its earnings (relative to peers), implying the company is focused more on revenues.
- Over the last five years, BRID-US‘s return on assets has improved from median to better than the median among its peers, suggesting the company has found relative operating advantages.
- The company’s margins are around the peer medians and do not suggest any benefit from a pricing or an operating cost advantage versus peers.
- BRID-US‘s revenues have grown more slowly than the peer median over the last few years, which combined with the stock price’s relatively low P/E ratio suggests substandard growth expectations relative to peers.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- BRID-US currently does not have any debt.
- Our analysis rates Bridgford Foods Corp. as UNDERVALUED relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
BRID-US‘s share price performance of 33.17% over the last 12 months is above peer median of 7.65%. The 30-day trend in its share price performance of 48.11% is also above the peer median of 0.53% suggesting that this company is a leading performer relative to its peers.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
Bridgford Foods Corp.’s price of USD 16.50 is lower than CapitalCube’s implied price of USD 19.50. CapitalCube believes that at these levels, Bridgford Foods Corp. is undervalued and has upside potential. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between USD 10.43 and USD 18.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Bridgford Foods Corp. engages in the manufacturing, marketing and distribution of frozen and snack food products throughout the United States. It operates through two business segments: Frozen Food Products and Snack Food Products. The Frozen Food Products segment manufactures and distributes food products, including biscuits, bread dough items, roll dough items and sandwiches. The Snack Food Products segment distribute both products manufactured by the company and products manufactured or processed by third parties. Bridgford Foods was founded by Hugh H. Bridgford in February 1932 and is headquartered in Anaheim, CA.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.