Capitalcube gives Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc. a score of 91.
Our analysis is based on comparing Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc. with the following peers – Brinker International, Inc., BJ’s Restaurants, Inc., Bloomin’ Brands, Inc., Del Frisco’s Restaurant Group, Inc., DineEquity, Inc., Denny’s Corporation, Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, Inc., Ark Restaurants Corp., Flanigan’s Enterprises, Inc. and Ignite Restaurant Group, Inc. (EAT-US, BJRI-US, BLMN-US, DFRG-US, DIN-US, DENN-US, RRGB-US, ARKR-US, BDL-US and IRGTQ-US).
Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc. has a fundamental score of 91 and has a relative valuation of NEUTRAL.
Access our research and ratings on Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc.
- Compared to peers, relative underperformance over the last year is in contrast with the more recent outperformance.
- It currently trades at a Price/Book ratio of (6.92).
- BWLD-US outperforms its peers with a relatively high operating performance and the market also expects faster growth relative to its peers
- BWLD-US‘s median net profit margins and relatively high asset efficiency give it some operating leverage.
- The company’s year-on-year change in revenues and earnings are better than the median among its peer group.
- BWLD-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s margins are around the peer medians and do not suggest any benefit from a pricing or an operating cost advantage versus peers.
- Compared with the peers chosen, BWLD-US has had faster revenue growth in prior years and a current P/E ratio that suggests faster growth in the future suggesting superior growth expectations.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- BWLD-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
Access our research and ratings on Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc.
Leverage & Liquidity
BWLD-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- With debt at a relatively low 18.22% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 24.86%), and a well-cushioned interest coverage level of 13.14x, BWLD-US can probably borrow quickly. We classify the company as Quick & Able in terms of its capacity to raise additional debt.
- All 10 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
BWLD-US has maintained its Quick & Able profile from the recent year-end.
- BWLD-US‘s interest coverage is its lowest relative to the last five years and compares to a high of 999x in 2014.
- The decrease in its interest coverage to 13.14x from 34.89x (in 2016) was also accompanied by a decrease in its peer median during this period to 5.78x from 6.71x.
- Interest coverage fell 20.82 points relative to peers.
- BWLD-US‘s debt-EV is its highest relative to the last five years and compares to a low of 0% in 2014.
- The increase in its debt-EV to 18.22% from 7.24% (in 2016) was also accompanied by an increase in its peer median during this period to 24.86% from 21.15%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV rose 7.28 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Brinker International, Inc.||41.97||0.35||5.63||25.84|
|BJ’s Restaurants, Inc.||18.15||0.55||17.53||67.77|
|Bloomin’ Brands, Inc.||37.54||0.35||5.78||31.19|
|Del Frisco’s Restaurant Group, Inc.||5.98||0.68||300.06||165.83|
|Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, Inc.||26.35||0.55||4.3||40.04|
|Ark Restaurants Corp.||16.62||0.37||9.23||55.64|
|Flanigan’s Enterprises, Inc.||19.57||1.42||10.73||56.61|
|Ignite Restaurant Group, Inc.||106.5||0.15||-0.39||1.71|
|Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc.||18.22||0.57||13.14||54.17|
|Best In Class||5.98||1.42||300.06||165.83|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc.?
Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc. owns, operates and franchises restaurants. The company’s restaurants feature a variety of menu items, including its Buffalo, New York-style chicken wings spun in one of its signature sauces from sweet to screamin’ hot, Sweet BBQ, Teriyaki, Mild, Parmesan Garlic, Medium, Honey BBQ, Spicy Garlic, Jammin’ Jalapeno, Asian Zing, Caribbean Jerk, Thai Curry, Hot BBQ, Hot, Mango Habanero, Wild and Blazin, signature seasonings, including Buffalo, Desert Heat, Chipotle BBQ, and Salt and Vinegar, a wide variety of food items, including Sharable appetizers, Wild Flatbreads, specialty hamburgers and sandwiches, wraps, Buffalito soft tacos, and salads, and a full bar, which offers an extensive selection of domestic, imported, and craft beers on tap, as well as bottled beers, wine and liquor. It also provides an Under Menu option for kids. The company was founded by Jim Disbrow and Scott Lowery in 1982 and is headquartered in Minneapolis, MN.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.