Bumi Armada Bhd. relative valuation is now NEUTRAL. It was previously rated OVERVALUED, and has a fundamental analysis score of 72.
Our analysis is based on comparing Bumi Armada Bhd. with the following peers – Hyundai Merchant Marine Co., Ltd, Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha, Shipping Corporation of India Limited, Neptune Orient Lines Limited, Mitsui O.S.K.Lines,Ltd., Adani Ports & Special Economic Zone Ltd. and China Shipping Container Lines Co. Ltd. Class A (011200-KR, 9101-JP, 523598-IN, N03-SG, 9104-JP, 532921-IN and 601866-CN).
Bumi Armada Bhd. is currently neutrally valued, as its previous close of MYR 1.25 lies within the CapitalCube estimate range of MYR 0.73 to MYR 1.26. Over the last 52 week period, Bumi Armada Bhd. has fluctuated between MYR 0.98 and MYR 2.26.
- Compared to peers, relative underperformance over the last year is in contrast with the more recent outperformance.
- Bumi Armada Bhd.’s current Price/Book of 1.05 is about median in its peer group.
- The market expects 5210-MY to grow faster than its peers and for the company to improve its current ROE.
- 5210-MY‘s relatively high profit margins are burdened by relative asset inefficiency.
- Changes in annual revenues (relative to peers) are better than the change in its earnings (relative to peers), implying the company is focused more on revenues.
- Over the last five years, 5210-MY‘s return on assets has declined from above median to about median among its peers, indicating declining relative operating performance.
- The company’s relatively high gross and pre-tax margins suggest a differentiated product portfolio and tight control on operating costs relative to peers.
- Compared with the peers chosen, 5210-MY has had faster revenue growth in prior years and a current P/E ratio that suggests faster growth in the future suggesting superior growth expectations.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- 5210-MY seems to be constrained by the current level of debt.
Bumi Armada Bhd. has a fundamental score of 72 and has a relative valuation of NEUTRAL.
Bumi Armada Bhd. appears on the top right hand quadrant of CapitalCube’s Value – Price Matrix. We classify this as ‘Safety’. In other words, Bumi Armada Bhd. has a relatively high Fundamental Analysis score of 72, while being potentially overvalued and trading higher than its CapitalCube Implied Price of 1.00. There might be some safety in this stock where it’s fundamental strength perhaps justifies its relatively higher price.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
Drivers of Valuation
The market expects improvement in 5210-MY‘s current performance
The market expects more growth from 5210-MY than the median of its chosen peers (P/E of 32.45 compared to peer median of 20.32) and to improve its current ROE of 3.95%.
The company’s current Price/Book of 1.05 is about median in its peer group.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
5210-MY has maintained its relatively high P/E profile from the recent year-end.
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Bumi Armada Bhd. provides international offshore oilfield services. The company operates through the following business segments: Floating Production Storage and Offloading, Offshore Support Vessels, Transport and Installation, Oilfield Services and Gas Development and Technology. The Floating Production Storage and Offloading segment owns and operates FPSO vessels that are used for receiving hydrocarbons sourced from remote oil fields. The Offshore Support Vessels segment owns and operates a fleet of vessels comprising anchor handling towing support vessels, safety standby vessels, utility vessels, and accommodation workboats/work barges to provide support for exploration, development and production activities in the offshore oil and gas industry. The Transport and Installation segment provides pipelay, heavy lift, subsea umbilical riser and flow lines, and mooring installation. The Oilfield Services segment offers services in the exploration, development, and production and abandonment phases of the marginal oil field/brown field projects. The Gas Development and Technology segment explores opportunities to provide floating storage regasification unit and floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) solutions. The company was founded on December 12, 1995 and is headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.