Capitalcube gives Card Factory Plc a score of 72.
Our analysis is based on comparing Card Factory Plc with the following peers – WH Smith PLC, Conviviality Plc, Findel plc, Laura Ashley Holdings plc and Marks and Spencer Group plc (SMWH-GB, CVR-GB, FDL-GB, ALY-GB and MKS-GB).
Card Factory Plc has a fundamental score of 72 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Card Factory Plc
- Taking peer performance into consideration, relative performance over the last month and last year is around the peer median.
- It’s current Price/Book of 4.05 is about median in its peer group.
- We classify CARD-GB as Harvesting because of the market’s relatively low growth expectations despite its relatively high returns.
- CARD-GB‘s relatively high profit margins are burdened by relative asset inefficiency.
- The company’s year-on-year change in revenues and earnings are better than the median among its peer group.
- CARD-GB‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s relatively high pre-tax margin suggests tight control on operating costs versus peers.
- While CARD-GB‘s revenue growth in recent years has been above the peer median, the stock’s P/E ratio is less than the peer median suggesting that the company’s earnings may be peaking and the market expects a decline in its growth expectations.
- The company’s level of capital investment is relatively low and suggests it is milking the business.
- CARD-GB has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
Access our research and ratings on Card Factory Plc
Leverage & Liquidity
CARD-GB has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- With debt at a relatively low 12.54% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 22.63%), and a well-cushioned interest coverage level of 32x, CARD-GB can probably borrow quickly. We classify the company as Quick & Able in terms of its capacity to raise additional debt.
- All 5 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
CARD-GB has maintained its Quick & Able profile from the prior year-end.
- CARD-GB‘s interest coverage is its highest over the last four years and compares to a low of 1.51x in 2013.
- While its interest coverage increased to 32x from 23.64x (in 2016), its peer median decreased during this period to 8.58x from 16.53x.
- Interest coverage rose 16.31 points relative to peers.
- CARD-GB‘s debt-EV has increased 2.28 percentage points from last year’s low but is still below its four-year average debt-EV of 13.38.
- Though its debt-EV increased to 12.54% from 10.26% (in 2016), its peer median remained relatively stable during this period at 22.63%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV rose 1.81 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for Card Factory Plc
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|WH Smith PLC||1.68||0.89||69||483.08|
|Laura Ashley Holdings plc||28.07||1.2||9.17||25.68|
|Marks and Spencer Group plc||31.16||0.69||6.19||40.04|
|Card Factory Plc||12.54||1.55||32||49.32|
|Best In Class||1.68||3||69||483.08|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Card Factory Plc?
Card Factory Plc operates as a holding company, specializes in retailing of greeting cards, gift dressings, and associated gift and party products. It operates through Card Factory and Getting Personal segments. The Card Factory segment retails cards and gifts in the United Kingdom through an extensive store network. The Getting Personal segment is an on-line retailer of personalized cards and gifts. The company was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Wakefield, the United Kingdom.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.