Capitalcube gives Coats Group Plc a score of 69.
Our analysis is based on comparing Coats Group Plc with the following peers – Low & Bonar PLC, Leeds Group plc, Field Systems Designs Holdings plc and Volvere plc (LWB-GB, LDSG-GB, FSD-GB and VLE-GB).
Coats Group Plc has a fundamental score of 69 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Coats Group Plc
- From a peer analysis perspective, relative outperformance last month is up from a median performance last year.
- It currently trades at a Price/Book ratio of (8.20).
- COA-GB outperforms its peers with a relatively high operating performance and the market also expects faster growth relative to its peers
- COA-GB has relatively high profit margins while operating with median asset turns.
- Compared with its chosen peers, changes in the company’s annual earnings are better than the changes in its revenue, implying better than median cost control and/or some economies of scale.
- Over the last five years, COA-GB‘s return on assets has improved from below median to better than the median among its peers, suggesting that the company has improved its relative operations markedly.
- The company’s relatively high gross and pre-tax margins suggest a differentiated product portfolio and tight control on operating costs relative to peers.
- While COA-GB‘s revenues have increased slower than peer median, the market currently gives the company a higher than peer median P/E ratio and may be factoring in some sort of a strategic play.
- The company’s capital investment program suggests it is under-investing in a business that is producing peer median returns.
- COA-GB has additional debt capacity.
Access our research and ratings on Coats Group Plc
Leverage & Liquidity
COA-GB has additional debt capacity.
- With debt at a reasonable 23.78% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 31.50%), and a well-cushioned interest coverage level of 10.59x, COA-GB has the capacity to borrow some more.
- All 4 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
COA-GB has moved to a relatively high liquidity from an Some Capacity profile at the prior year-end.
- COA-GB‘s interest coverage is its highest over the last four years and compares to a low of 0.57x in 2012.
- The increase in its interest coverage to 10.59x from 6.43x (in 2015) was also accompanied by an increase in its peer median during this period to 10.59x from 6.43x.
- COA-GB‘s debt-EV is its lowest over the last four years and compares to a high of 261.21% in 2014.
- The decrease in its debt-EV to 23.78% from 140.68% (in 2015) was also accompanied by a decrease in its peer median during this period to 31.50% from 41.81%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV fell 106.59 percentage points (and is now lower than its peer median). Unlike the peer median, it is also below the 25% leverage benchmark.
Access the detailed analysis for Coats Group Plc
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Low & Bonar PLC||39.22||2.66||6.26||22.68|
|Leeds Group plc||46.12||2.87||9.72||19.73|
|Field Systems Designs Holdings plc||N/A||1.43||51.43||1002.07|
|Coats Group plc||23.78||1.63||10.59||-62.15|
|Best In Class||18.95||4.52||51.43||1002.07|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Coats Group Plc?
Coats Group Plc manufactures industrial threads. It provides activities such as knitting, crochet, embroidery, patchwork and quilting, and sewing. The firm serves industrial companies, including apparel, footwear and accessories, technical threads and engineered yarns. The company was founded on June 7, 1901 and is headquartered in Uxbridge, the United Kingdom.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.