Codorus Valley Bancorp, Inc. relative valuation is NEUTRAL and it has a fundamental analysis score of 61.
Our analysis is based on comparing Codorus Valley Bancorp, Inc. with the following peers – Citizens & Northern Corporation, Royal Bancshares of Pennsylvania, Inc. Class A, Orrstown Financial Services, Inc., Norwood Financial Corp., F.N.B. Corporation, Emclaire Financial Corp., Commercial National Financial Corporation, Fulton Financial Corporation, S&T Bancorp, Inc. and CNB Financial Corporation (CZNC-US, RBPAA-US, ORRF-US, NWFL-US, FNB-US, EMCF-US, CNAF-US, FULT-US, STBA-US and CCNE-US).
Codorus Valley Bancorp, Inc. has shown good performance overall, both over the last one year (at 34.93%) as well as over the last month (at 33.73%). Share price performance over the last month, though has been lower than that over the last year. But Codorus Valley Bancorp, Inc.’s stock has done better than its overall peer group whose performance was 18.23% over the last month.
- Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
- Codorus Valley Bancorp, Inc.’s current Price/Book of 1.46 is about median in its peer group.
- The market expects CVLY-US to grow at about the same rate as the peers and to maintain the median returns it currently generates.
- CVLY-US‘s median net profit margins and relatively high capital efficiency give it some operating leverage.
- Changes in annual revenues (relative to peers) are better than the change in its earnings (relative to peers), implying the company is focused more on revenues.
- CVLY-US‘s return on equity currently and over the past five years is around the peer median and suggest that it does not have any particular operational advantages versus peers.
- The company’s lending operations do not seem to benefit from any differentiating pricing advantage or an operating cost advantage relative to peers.
- While CVLY-US‘s revenues in recent years have grown faster than the peer median, the market gives the stock a P/E ratio that is around peer median suggesting that the market has some questions about the company’s long-term strategy.
- The company is likely overinvesting in a business with only median returns.
- Our analysis rates Codorus Valley Bancorp, Inc. as NEUTRAL relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
CVLY-US‘s share price performance of 34.93% over the last 12 months is above peer median of 18.23%. The 30-day trend in its share price performance of 33.73% is also above the peer median of 18.23% suggesting that this company is a leading performer relative to its peers.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
Codorus Valley Bancorp, Inc. is currently neutrally valued, as its previous close of USD 26.96 lies within the CapitalCube estimate range of USD 25.84 to USD 28.11. Over the last 52 week period, Codorus Valley Bancorp, Inc. has fluctuated between USD 18.57 and USD 27.15.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Codorus Valley Bancorp, Inc. operates as a bank holding company for Peoples Bank, which provides banking and financial services. The company also provides personal banking, mortgage banking, wealth management and real estate services. Codorus Valley Bancorp was founded on October 7, 1986 and is headquartered in York, PA.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.