Capitalcube gives Concho Resources, Inc. a score of 66.
Our analysis is based on comparing Concho Resources, Inc. with the following peers – Linn Energy, LLC, Pioneer Natural Resources Company, Legacy Reserves LP, Laredo Petroleum, Inc., Energen Corporation, Apache Corporation, ConocoPhillips, Clayton Williams Energy, Inc. and Memorial Production Partners LP (LINEQ-US, PXD-US, LGCY-US, LPI-US, EGN-US, APA-US, COP-US, CWEI-US and MEMP-US).
Concho Resources, Inc. has a fundamental score of 66 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Concho Resources, Inc.
- Compared to peers, relative underperformance last month is down from a median performance last year.
- Concho Resources Inc.’s current Price/Book of 2.75 is about median in its peer group.
- CXO-US‘s operating performance is relatively good compared to its peers. The market currently does not expect high earnings growth relative to its peers but seems to expect the company to maintain its relatively high rates of return.
- CXO-US employs relatively high amounts of assets while generating relatively median profit margins.
- Compared with its chosen peers, changes in the company’s annual earnings are better than the changes in its revenue, implying better than median cost control and/or some economies of scale.
- CXO-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s relatively low gross margin and median pre-tax margin suggest operations may be constrained on pricing versus peers.
- While CXO-US‘s revenues in recent years have grown faster than the peer median, the market gives the stock a P/E ratio that is around peer median suggesting that the market has some questions about the company’s long-term strategy.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- CXO-US‘s operating performance may not allow it to raise additional debt.
Access our research and ratings on Concho Resources, Inc.
Leverage & Liquidity
CXO-US would seem to have a hard time raising additional debt.
- With debt at a relatively low 13.06% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 33.72%), and relatively tight interest coverage level of -2.19x, CXO-US would have a hard time raising much additional debt. Thus, the company is classified as having Limited Flexibility when it comes to raising more debt.
- All 9 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
CXO-US has moved to a Constrained from a relatively low liquidity profile at the recent year-end.
- CXO-US‘s interest coverage is its lowest relative to the last five years and compares to a high of 7.54x in 2011.
- Though its interest coverage decreased to -2.19x from -1.17x (in 2015), its peer median remained relatively stable during this period at -1.34x.
- Interest coverage fell 1.02 points relative to peers (and is now lower than its peer median).
- CXO-US‘s debt-EV is its lowest relative to the last five years and compares to a high of 27.15% in 2012.
- The decrease in its debt-EV to 13.06% from 23.07% (in 2015) was also accompanied by a decrease in its peer median during this period to 33.72% from 41.49%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV fell 2.24 percentage points. Unlike the peer median, it is also below the 25% leverage benchmark.
Access the detailed analysis for Concho Resources, Inc.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Linn Energy, LLC||138.23||0.35||0.97||22.22|
|Pioneer Natural Resources Company||10.06||2.51||-2.9||44.74|
|Legacy Reserves LP||79.71||1.14||-1.31||-0.34|
|Laredo Petroleum, Inc.||30.9||1.19||-0.1||24.12|
|Clayton Williams Energy, Inc.||39.97||3.04||-1.37||1.23|
|Memorial Production Partners LP||101.21||2.28||-1.05||13.14|
|Concho Resources Inc.||13.06||3||-2.19||22.47|
|Best In Class||9.67||3.04||0.97||68.42|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Concho Resources, Inc.?
Concho Resources, Inc. engages in the acquisition, development and exploration of oil and natural gas properties. Its operations focuses on the Permian Basin region of Southeast New Mexico and West Texas. The company was founded on February 22, 2006 and is headquartered in Midland, TX.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.