Digirad Corp. relative valuation is NEUTRAL and it has a fundamental analysis score of 44.
Our analysis is based on comparing Digirad Corp. with the following peers – RadNet, Inc., American Shared Hospital Services, Fonar Corporation, Community Health Systems, Inc., Tenet Healthcare Corporation, Concord Medical Services Holding Ltd. ADR and iCAD, Inc. (RDNT-US, AMS-US, FONR-US, CYH-US, THC-US, CCM-US and ICAD-US).
Digirad Corp. has shown underwhelming performance overall, both over the last one year as well as over the last month. While, in what appears to be a redeeming aspect, Digirad Corp.’s price momentum over the last month, at -27.94% has been better than that over the last year, which was -43.02%, Digirad Corp. has actually lagged its peer group.
- Considering peers, relative underperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a lagging position.
- It’s current Price/Book of 0.96 is about median in its peer group.
- We classify DRAD-US as Challenged because of its below median returns and the market’s relatively low growth expectations.
- DRAD-US has relatively low net profit margins while its asset efficiency is relatively high.
- Changes in annual revenues (relative to peers) are better than the change in its earnings (relative to peers), implying the company is focused more on revenues.
- Over the last five years, DRAD-US’s return on assets has eroded from above median to below median among its peers suggesting declining relative operating performance.
- The company’s relatively low gross and pre-tax margins suggest a non-differentiated product portfolio and not much control on operating costs relative to peers.
- While DRAD-US’s revenue growth in recent years has been above the peer median, the stock’s P/E ratio is less than the peer median suggesting that the company’s earnings may be peaking and the market expects a decline in its growth expectations.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- DRAD-US’s operating performance may not allow it to raise additional debt.
- Our analysis rates Digirad Corp. as NEUTRAL relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
Considering peers, relative underperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a lagging position.
DRAD-US’s share price performance of -43.02% for the last 12 months is below its peer median. The 30-day trend in its share price performance of -27.94% is also below the peer median implying that the company’s stock performance is lagging its peers.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
Digirad Corp. is currently neutrally valued, as its previous close of USD 2.45 lies within the CapitalCube estimate range of USD 1.906 to USD 3.76. Over the last 52 week period, Digirad Corp. has fluctuated between USD 1.90 and USD 5.68.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Digirad Corp. engages in the design and development of diagnostic imaging solutions. It operates through the Imaging Solutions and Diagnostic Imaging segments. The Imaging Solutions segment offers in-office nuclear cardiology imaging and ultrasound services to physician practices, hospitals, and imaging centers. The Diagnostic Imaging segment sells medical diagnostic imaging systems, such as gamma cameras for nuclear cardiology and general nuclear medicine applications. The company founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Suwanee, GA.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.