Capitalcube gives Dillard’s, Inc. a score of 66.
Our analysis is based on comparing Dillard’s, Inc. with the following peers – Macy’s Inc, Kohl’s Corporation, J. C. Penney Company, Inc., Stage Stores, Inc., Sears Holdings Corporation, Nordstrom, Inc., Bon-Ton Stores, Inc., Sears Hometown & Outlet Stores, Inc. and TJX Companies Inc (M-US, KSS-US, JCP-US, SSI-US, SHLD-US, JWN-US, BONT-US, SHOS-US and TJX-US).
Dillard’s, Inc. has a fundamental score of 66 and has a relative valuation of NEUTRAL.
Access our research and ratings on Dillard’s, Inc.
- Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
- It trades at a lower Price/Book multiple (0.90) than its peer median (1.17).
- The market expects DDS-US to grow at about the same rate as the peers and to maintain the median returns it currently generates.
- DDS-US has relatively high profit margins while operating with median asset turns.
- Changes in the company’s annual revenue and earnings are around the median among its peers.
- DDS-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s relatively high pre-tax margin suggests tight control on operating costs versus peers.
- DDS-US‘s revenue growth in recent years and current P/E ratio are both around their respective peer medians suggesting that historical performance and long-term growth expectations for the company are largely in sync.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- DDS-US seems to be constrained by the current level of debt.
Access our research and ratings on Dillard’s, Inc.
Leverage & Liquidity
DDS-US is debt-constrained.
- With debt at a relatively high 36.78% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 61.51%), and interest coverage level of 3.95x, DDS-US seems debt-constrained.
- All 9 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
DDS-US has maintained its Some Capacity profile from the recent year-end.
- DDS-US‘s interest coverage is its lowest relative to the last five years and compares to a high of 8.81x in 2015.
- Though its interest coverage decreased to 3.95x from 5.11x (in 2017), its peer median remained relatively stable during this period at 2.42x.
- Interest coverage fell 0.93 points relative to peers. It is also above the 2.50x coverage benchmark unlike the peer median.
- DDS-US‘s debt-EV is similar to last year’s high of 36.78%, which compares to a low of 16.14% in 2015.
- Though its debt-EV has remained relatively stable at 36.78% compared to 2017, its peer median has increased to 61.51% from 46.39% during this period.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV fell 15.12 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for Dillard’s, Inc.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|J. C. Penney Company, Inc.||75.26||1.45||0.89||11.2|
|Stage Stores, Inc.||88.99||2.73||-6.36||15.79|
|Sears Holdings Corporation||88.62||0.92||-3.2||-51.17|
|Bon-Ton Stores, Inc.||99.3||2.15||0.07||4.08|
|Sears Hometown & Outlet Stores, Inc.||77.41||1.75||-15.77||-83.77|
|TJX Companies Inc||5.12||1.63||55.38||141.62|
|Dillard’s, Inc. Class A||36.78||1.42||3.95||40.63|
|Best In Class||5.12||2.73||55.38||141.62|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Dillard’s, Inc.?
Dillard’s, Inc. engages in the retail of fashion apparel, cosmetics and home furnishings. It operates through the Operation of Retail Department Stores and General Contracting Construction segments. The Operation of Retail Department Stores segment includes cosmetics, ladies apparel, accessories, and lingerie, juniors and children’s apparel, mens apparel and accessories, shoes, and home and furniture. The General Contracting Construction segment operates general contracting construction companies, such as CDI Contractors LLC and CDI Contractors, Inc. for constructing and remodeling stores. The company was founded by William Thomas Dillard in 1938 and is headquartered in Little Rock, AR.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.