Capitalcube gives Ebix, Inc. a score of 78.
Our analysis is based on comparing Ebix, Inc. with the following peers – Guidewire Software, Inc., Ultimate Software Group, Inc., John Wiley & Sons, Inc. Class A, salesforce.com, inc., Prism Technologies Group, Inc., Benefitfocus, Inc., Majesco, Computer Sciences Corporation and Thomson Reuters Corporation (GWRE-US, ULTI-US, JW.A-US, CRM-US, PRZM-US, BNFT-US, MJCO-US, CSC-US and TRI-US).
Ebix, Inc. has a fundamental score of 78 and has a relative valuation of UNDERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Ebix, Inc.
- Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
- Ebix, Inc.’s current Price/Book of 4.20 is about median in its peer group.
- We classify EBIX-US as Harvesting because of the market’s relatively low growth expectations despite its relatively high returns.
- EBIX-US‘s relatively high profit margins are burdened by relative asset inefficiency.
- The company’s year-on-year change in revenues and earnings are better than the median among its peer group.
- EBIX-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s relatively high gross and pre-tax margins suggest a differentiated product portfolio and tight control on operating costs relative to peers.
- While EBIX-US‘s revenues growth in recent years has been around the peer median, the stock’s below peer median P/E ratio suggests that the market likely sees the company’s long-term growth prospects to be fading.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- EBIX-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
Access our research and ratings on Ebix, Inc.
Leverage & Liquidity
EBIX-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- With debt at a relatively low 14.17% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 14.17%), and a well-cushioned interest coverage level of 14.64x, EBIX-US can probably borrow quickly. We classify the company as Quick & Able in terms of its capacity to raise additional debt.
- Of the 9 chosen peers for the company, only 8 of the stocks have an outstanding debt balance. Companies with no debt include .
EBIX-US has maintained its Quick & Able profile from the recent year-end.
- EBIX-US‘s interest coverage is its lowest relative to the last five years and compares to a high of 90.58x in 2011.
- While its interest coverage decreased to 14.64x from 20.22x (in 2015), its peer median increased during this period to 2.69x from 1.65x.
- Interest coverage fell 6.63 points relative to peers.
- EBIX-US‘s debt-EV continues to trend downward but is still within one standard deviation above its five-year average debt-EV of 12.61%.
- The decrease in its debt-EV to 14.17% from 16.65% (in 2015) was also accompanied by a decrease in its peer median during this period to 14.17% from 16.65%.
Access the detailed analysis for Ebix, Inc.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Guidewire Software, Inc.||N/A||5.94||0||999|
|Ultimate Software Group, Inc.||0.16||1.08||72.26||1420.41|
|John Wiley & Sons, Inc. Class A||17.18||0.97||13.04||55.13|
|Prism Technologies Group, Inc.||71.1||0.59||-18.02||-131.09|
|Computer Sciences Corporation||34.35||1.23||2.69||37.06|
|Thomson Reuters Corporation||22.63||0.82||4.81||34.73|
|Best In Class||0.16||5.94||72.26||1420.41|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Ebix, Inc.?
Ebix, Inc. is a supplier of software and e-commerce solutions to the insurance industry. It provides a series of application software products for the insurance industry ranging from carrier systems, agency systems and exchanges to custom software development for all entities involved in the insurance and financial industries. Ebix was founded in 1976 and is headquartered in Atlanta, GA.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.