Electro-Sensors, Inc. relative valuation is UNDERVALUED and it has a fundamental analysis score of 47.
Our analysis is based on comparing Electro-Sensors, Inc. with the following peers – Schmitt Industries, Inc., Cognex Corporation, FLIR Systems, Inc., Danaher Corporation, Emerson Electric Co., Hurco Companies, Inc., Vishay Precision Group, Inc. and AMETEK, Inc. (SMIT-US, CGNX-US, FLIR-US, DHR-US, EMR-US, HURC-US, VPG-US and AME-US).
Electro-Sensors, Inc. has shown good performance overall, both over the last one year (at 24.90%) as well as over the last month (at 12.08%). Share price performance over the last month, though has been lower than that over the last year. But Electro-Sensors, Inc.’s stock has done better than its overall peer group whose performance was 7.48% over the last month.
- Compared to peers, relative underperformance over the last year is in contrast with the more recent outperformance.
- It trades at a lower Price/Book multiple (1.16) than its peer median (2.59).
- The market expects faster earnings growth from ELSE-US than from its peers and also a turnaround in its current ROE.
- ELSE-US has relatively low profit margins and median asset efficiency.
- Compared with its chosen peers, the company’s annual revenues and earnings change at a slower rate, implying a lack of strategic focus and/or lack of execution success.
- Over the last five years, ELSE-US’s return on assets has declined from about median to less than the median among its peers suggesting that the company’s historical competitiveness in operations is slipping away.
- Company appears to give away relatively high gross margins to relatively high operating costs suggesting a differentiated product portfolio with low pre-tax margins relative to peers.
- Compared with the peers chosen, ELSE-US has had faster revenue growth in prior years and a current P/E ratio that suggests faster growth in the future suggesting superior growth expectations.
- The company seems to be over-investing in a business with median returns.
- ELSE-US currently does not have any debt.
- Our analysis rates Electro-Sensors, Inc. as UNDERVALUED relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
Compared to peers, relative underperformance over the last year is in contrast with the more recent outperformance.
ELSE-US’s share price performance of 24.90% over the last 12 months is below its peer median but its 30-day trend in share price performance of 12.08% is better than the peer median. This recent rising stock price may herald a change in relative share price performance.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
Electro-Sensors, Inc.’s price of USD 4.32 is lower than CapitalCube’s implied price of USD 4.97. CapitalCube believes that at these levels, Electro-Sensors, Inc. is undervalued and has upside potential. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between USD 2.96 and USD 5.24.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Electro-Sensors, Inc. engages in manufacturing and selling industrial production monitoring and process control systems. The company was founded by James P. Slattery in 1965 and is headquartered in Minnetonka, MN.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.