Capitalcube gives EMCOR Group, Inc. a score of 50.
Our analysis is based on comparing EMCOR Group, Inc. with the following peers – Quanta Services, Inc., Comfort Systems USA, Inc., Dycom Industries, Inc., IES Holdings, Inc., Tutor Perini Corporation, Fluor Corporation and United Technologies Corporation (PWR-US, FIX-US, DY-US, IESC-US, TPC-US, FLR-US and UTX-US).
EMCOR Group, Inc. has a fundamental score of 50 and has a relative valuation of NEUTRAL.
Access our research and ratings on EMCOR Group, Inc.
- Taking peer performance into consideration, relative performance over the last month and last year is around the peer median.
- It’s current Price/Book of 2.49 is about median in its peer group.
- The market expects EME-US to grow at about the same rate as the peers and to maintain the median returns it currently generates.
- EME-US has relatively low profit margins and median asset efficiency.
- Changes in annual revenues (relative to peers) are better than the change in its earnings (relative to peers), implying the company is focused more on revenues.
- EME-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years is around the peer median and suggest that it does not have any particular operational advantages versus peers.
- The company’s margins are around the peer medians and do not suggest any benefit from a pricing or an operating cost advantage versus peers.
- EME-US‘s revenue growth in recent years and current P/E ratio are both around their respective peer medians suggesting that historical performance and long-term growth expectations for the company are largely in sync.
- The company’s capital investment program suggests it is under-investing in a business that is producing peer median returns.
- EME-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
Access our research and ratings on EMCOR Group, Inc.
Leverage & Liquidity
EME-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- With debt at a relatively low 10.08% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 16.18%), and a well-cushioned interest coverage level of 25.04x, EME-US can probably borrow quickly. We classify the company as Quick & Able in terms of its capacity to raise additional debt.
- All 7 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
EME-US has maintained its Quick & Able profile from the prior year-end.
- EME-US‘s interest coverage is its lowest over the last four years and compares to a high of 38.96x in 2012.
- The decrease in its interest coverage to 25.04x from 32.18x (in 2015) was also accompanied by a decrease in its peer median during this period to 14.78x from 19.05x.
- Interest coverage fell 2.88 points relative to peers.
- EME-US‘s debt-EV continues to trend downward and is below (but within one standard deviation of) its four-year average debt-EV of 11.26%.
- Though its debt-EV decreased to 10.08% from 11.53% (in 2015), its peer median remained relatively stable during this period at 16.18%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV fell 1.94 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for EMCOR Group, Inc.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Quanta Services, Inc.||6.54||1.9||22.1||104.02|
|Comfort Systems USA, Inc.||0.23||1.31||43.03||1309.01|
|Dycom Industries, Inc.||23.28||3.38||7.71||42.34|
|IES Holdings, Inc.||7.04||1.66||20.24||112.36|
|Tutor Perini Corporation||39.13||1.87||3.38||22.19|
|United Technologies Corporation||22.28||1.3||6.55||34.79|
|EMCOR Group, Inc.||10.08||1.46||25.04||72.42|
|Best In Class||0.23||3.38||43.03||1309.01|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for EMCOR Group, Inc.?
EMCOR Group, Inc. is engaged in providing electrical and mechanical construction and facilities services. It also provides services to commercial, industrial, utility and institutional customers. The company operates through the following segments: United States Electrical Construction & Facilities Services, United States Mechanical Construction & Facilities Services, United States Building Services, United States industrial services and United Kingdom Building Services. The United States Electrical Construction & Facilities Services segment is involved in electrical power transmission and distribution, premises electrical and lighting systems, and low-voltage systems. The United States Mechanical Construction & Facilities Services segment provides systems for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration and clean-room process ventilation, fire protection, plumbing, process and high-purity piping, controls and filtration, water and wastewater treatment and central plant heating and cooling, cranes and rigging, mill righting, steel fabrication, erection, and welding. The United States Building Services and United Kingdom Building Services segments principally consist of those operations which provide a portfolio of services needed to support the operation and maintenance of customers facilities, including commercial and government site-based operations and maintenance; facility maintenance and services, including reception, security and catering services; outage services to utilities and industrial plants; military base operations support services; mobile maintenance and services; floor care and janitorial services; landscaping, lot sweeping and snow removal; facilities management; vendor management; call center services; installation and support for building systems; program development, management and maintenance for energy systems; technical consulting and diagnostic services; infrastructure and building projects for federal, state and local governmental agencies and bodies; and small modification and retrofit projects, which services are not generally related to customers construction programs. The United States Industrial Services segment consists of those operations which provide industrial maintenance and services, including those for refineries and petrochemical plants, including on-site repairs, maintenance and service of heat exchangers, towers, vessels and piping; design, manufacturing, repair and hydro blast cleaning of shell and tube heat exchangers and related equipment; refinery turnaround planning and engineering services; specialty welding services; overhaul and maintenance of critical process units in refineries and petrochemical plants; and specialty technical services for refineries and petrochemical plants. The company was founded in 1987 and is headquartered in Norwalk, CT.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.