Capitalcube gives Enel SpA a score of 44.
Our analysis is based on comparing Enel SpA with the following peers – Terna S.p.A., Endesa S.A., Fortum Oyj, ENGIE SA, RWE AG, E.ON SE and Iberdrola SA (TRN-IT, ELE-ES, FORTUM-FI, ENGI-IT, RWE-IT, EOAN-IT and IBE1-DE).
Enel SpA has a fundamental score of 44 and has a relative valuation of UNDERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Enel SpA
- Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
- It’s current Price/Book of 1.02 is about median in its peer group.
- The market expects faster earnings growth from ENEL-IT than from its peers and also a turnaround in its current ROE.
- ENEL-IT has relatively low profit margins and median asset efficiency.
- Changes in the company’s annual revenue and earnings are around the median among its peers.
- ENEL-IT‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years has trailed the peer median and suggests the company might be operationally challenged relative to its peers.
- The company’s margins are around the peer medians and do not suggest any benefit from a pricing or an operating cost advantage versus peers.
- Compared with the peers chosen, ENEL-IT has had faster revenue growth in prior years and a current P/E ratio that suggests faster growth in the future suggesting superior growth expectations.
- The company’s capital investment seems appropriate for a business with peer median returns.
- ENEL-IT seems to be constrained by the current level of debt.
Access our research and ratings on Enel SpA
Leverage & Liquidity
ENEL-IT is debt-constrained.
- With debt at a relatively high 44.25% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 45.41%), and interest coverage level of 2.37x, ENEL-IT seems debt-constrained.
- All 7 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
ENEL-IT has moved to a relatively high leverage from an Some Capacity profile at the recent year-end.
- ENEL-IT‘s interest coverage is its lowest relative to the last five years and compares to a high of 3.30x in 2016.
- The decrease in its interest coverage to 2.37x from 3.30x (in 2016) was also accompanied by a decrease in its peer median during this period to 2.83x from 3.35x.
- ENEL-IT‘s debt-EV is its lowest relative to the last five years and compares to a high of 66.15% in 2012.
- Like the interest coverage trend, the decrease in its debt-EV (to 44.25% from 52.09%) was also accompanied by a decrease in its peer median during this period (to 45.41% from 53.59%).
Access the detailed analysis for Enel SpA
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Best In Class||23.72||3.02||9.92||43.83|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Enel SpA?
Enel SpA operates as an holding company, which engages in the distribution of electricity and gas. It operates through the following segments: Italy, Iberian Peninsula, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Renewable Energy, and Others. The company was founded on December 6, 1962 and is headquartered in Rome, Italy.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.