Capitalcube gives First of Long Island Corp. a score of 71.
Our analysis is based on comparing First of Long Island Corp. with the following peers – Community Bank System, Inc., Bridge Bancorp, Inc., Financial Institutions, Inc., Arrow Financial Corporation, Jeffersonville Bancorp, NBT Bancorp Inc. and Evans Bancorp, Inc. (CBU-US, BDGE-US, FISI-US, AROW-US, JFBC-US, NBTB-US and EVBN-US).
First of Long Island Corp. has a fundamental score of 71 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
- It currently trades at a Price/Book ratio of (2.03).
- The market expects FLIC-US to grow at about the same rate as the peers and to maintain the median returns it currently generates.
- FLIC-US has relatively high profit margins while operating with median capital turns.
- The company’s year-on-year change in revenues and earnings are better than the median among its peer group.
- FLIC-US‘s return on equity currently and over the past five years is around the peer median and suggest that it does not have any particular operational advantages versus peers.
- While FLIC-US‘s revenues in recent years have grown faster than the peer median, the market gives the stock a P/E ratio that is around peer median suggesting that the market has some questions about the company’s long-term strategy.
- The company is likely overinvesting in a business with only median returns.
Drivers of Margin
- FLIC-US‘s pre-tax margin suggests relatively low operating costs.
- The company’s net interest income (net interest income/total revenues) of 91.63% is around peer median suggesting that FLIC-US‘s lending operations does not benefit from any differentiating pricing advantage. However, FLIC-US‘s pre-tax margin is more than the peer median (43.87% compared to 33.42%) suggesting relatively low operating costs.
- The company’s comparatively low proportion of fee based income (i.e. non interest income/total revenues) of 8.37% versus peer median of 23.45% — suggests that FLIC-US‘s operating margins are likely to be more volatile. In addition, FLIC-US‘s proportion of overhead costs (i.e. non interest expense/total revenues) of 50.96x is around peer median — suggesting no cost advantage on fee-based overhead operations.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
First of Long Island Corp. provides financial services through its wholly owned subsidiary, The First National Bank of Long Island. It offers various financial services includes personal banking, business banking and lending services to individual, professional, corporate, institutional, and government customers. The company was founded on February 7, 1984 and is headquartered in Glen Head, NY.