Capitalcube gives Foot Locker, Inc. a score of 78.
Our analysis is based on comparing Foot Locker, Inc. with the following peers – Genesco Inc., Finish Line, Inc. Class A, DSW Inc. Class A, Shoe Carnival, Inc., NIKE, Inc. Class B, Caleres, Inc. and Belle International Holdings Limited Unsponsored ADR (GCO-US, FINL-US, DSW-US, SCVL-US, NKE-US, CAL-US and BELLY-US).
Foot Locker, Inc. has a fundamental score of 78 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Foot Locker, Inc.
- Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
- Foot Locker, Inc. currently trades at a higher Price/Book ratio (3.61) than its peer median (1.74).
- FL-US‘s operating performance is relatively good compared to its peers. The market currently does not expect high earnings growth relative to its peers but seems to expect the company to maintain its relatively high rates of return.
- FL-US has relatively high profit margins while operating with median asset turns.
- Compared with its chosen peers, changes in the company’s annual earnings are better than the changes in its revenue, implying better than median cost control and/or some economies of scale.
- FL-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s relatively high pre-tax margin suggests tight control on operating costs versus peers.
- FL-US‘s revenue growth in recent years and current P/E ratio are both around their respective peer medians suggesting that historical performance and long-term growth expectations for the company are largely in sync.
- The company’s level of capital investment suggests it might be under-investing in a business with above median returns.
- FL-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
Access our research and ratings on Foot Locker, Inc.
Leverage & Liquidity
FL-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- With debt at a relatively low 1.57% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 1.93%), and a well-cushioned interest coverage level of 81.92x, FL-US can probably borrow quickly. We classify the company as Quick & Able in terms of its capacity to raise additional debt.
- Of the 7 chosen peers for the company, only 4 of the stocks have an outstanding debt balance. Companies with no debt include DSW-US, SCVL-US and BELLY-US.
FL-US has maintained its Quick & Able profile from the recent year-end.
- FL-US‘s interest coverage has declined 3.81 points from last year’s high but remains above its five-year average interest coverage of 62.17.
- While its interest coverage decreased to 81.92x from 85.73x (in 2016), its peer median increased during this period to 179.76x from 115.97x.
- Interest coverage fell 67.60 points relative to peers.
- FL-US‘s debt-EV is similar to last year’s low of 1.55%, which compares to the 2012 high of 4.10%.
- Compared to 2016, debt-EV has remained relatively stable for both the company (1.57%) and the peer median (1.93%).
Access the detailed analysis for Foot Locker, Inc.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Finish Line, Inc. Class A||0||1.84||339.21||999|
|DSW Inc. Class A||0||2.45||1625.37||999|
|Shoe Carnival, Inc.||0||4.02||275.63||999|
|NIKE, Inc. Class B||2.3||3.06||95.77||282.11|
|Belle International Holdings Limited Unsponsored ADR||2.77||4.35||263.74||322.74|
|Foot Locker, Inc.||1.57||4.64||81.92||596.11|
|Best In Class||1.57||4.64||1625.37||999|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Foot Locker, Inc.?
Foot Locker, Inc. engages in the global retail of athletically inspired shoes and apparel. It operates through the following segments: Athletic Stores and Direct-to-Customers. The Athletic Stores segment operates athletic footwear and apparel retailers in the world, with brands that include Foot Locker, Lady Foot Locker, SIX:02, Kids Foot Locker, Champs Sports, Footaction, Runners Point and Sidestep. The Direct-to-Customers segment includes Footlocker.com, Inc. and other affiliates, including Eastbay, Inc., and company’s international ecommerce businesses, which sell to customers through their Internet and mobile sites and catalogs. The company was founded in 1989 and is headquartered in New York, NY.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.