Capitalcube gives Galapagos NV a score of 50.
Our analysis is based on comparing Galapagos NV with the following peers – ThromboGenics NV, Ablynx nv, Evotec AG, TiGenix NV, Sanofi, MDxHealth S.A., Abbott Laboratories, GlaxoSmithKline plc and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited Sponsored ADR (THR-BE, ABLX-BE, EVT-DE, TIG-BE, SAN-FR, MDXH-BE, ABT-CH, GSK-GB and TEV-DE).
Galapagos NV has a fundamental score of 50 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Galapagos NV
- From a peer analysis perspective, relative outperformance last month is up from a median performance last year.
- It’s current Price/Book of 3.89 is about median in its peer group.
- GLPG-NL‘s operating performance is relatively good compared to its peers. The market currently does not expect high earnings growth relative to its peers but seems to expect the company to maintain its relatively high rates of return.
- GLPG-NL‘s relatively low net margins and poor asset turns suggest a problematic operating strategy.
- The company’s year-on-year change in revenues and earnings are better than the median among its peer group.
- Over the last five years, GLPG-NL‘s return on assets has improved from below median to better than the median among its peers, suggesting that the company has improved its relative operations markedly.
- While GLPG-NL‘s revenues growth has been below the peer median in the last few years, the market still gives the stock a P/E ratio that is around peer median and seems to see the company as a long-term strategic bet.
- The company’s capital investment program and to-date returns suggest that the company is likely making big bets on the future.
- GLPG-NL‘s operating performance may not allow it to raise additional debt.
Access our research and ratings on Galapagos NV
Leverage & Liquidity
GLPG-NL would seem to have a hard time raising additional debt.
- With debt at a relatively low 0.00% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 16.91%), and relatively tight interest coverage level of -131.32x, GLPG-NL would have a hard time raising much additional debt. Thus, the company is classified as having Limited Flexibility when it comes to raising more debt.
- Of the 9 chosen peers for the company, only 8 of the stocks have an outstanding debt balance. Companies with no debt include THR-BE.
GLPG-NL has maintained its Constrained profile from the recent year-end.
- GLPG-NL‘s interest coverage is greater than (but within one standard deviation of) its five-year average interest coverage of -223.49x.
- Though its interest coverage has remained relatively stable at -131.32x compared to 2016, its peer median has decreased to 3.48x from 6.74x during this period.
- Interest coverage rose 3.26 points relative to peers. It is also below the 2.50x coverage benchmark unlike the peer median.
- GLPG-NL‘s debt-EV is its lowest relative to the last five years and compares to a high of 0.12% in 2013.
- Like the interest coverage trend, its debt-EV has also remained relatively stable at 0.00%, while its peer median has decreased during this period (to 16.91% from 18.72%).
- Relative to peers, debt-EV rose 1.81 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for Galapagos NV
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|ThromboGenics NV||0||9.16||No interest exp||999|
|Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited Sponsored ADR||60.75||0.96||4.04||13.55|
|Best In Class||0||9.16||No interest exp||999|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Galapagos NV?
Galapagos NV is a biotechnology company, which engages in the identification and development of small molecule and antibody therapies. It operates through the Research and Development and Fee-for-service segments. The company was founded by Onno van de Stolpe, Rudi Pauwels, and Helmuth van Es on June 30, 1999 and is headquartered in Mechelen, Belgium.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.