Gas Plus S.p.A. relative valuation is now NEUTRAL. It was previously rated OVERVALUED, and has a fundamental analysis score of 28.
Our analysis is based on comparing Gas Plus S.p.A. with the following peers – ACSM-AGAM S.p.A., Snam S.p.A., Ascopiave s.p.a. and Enel S.p.A. (ACS-IT, SRG-IT, ASC-IT and ENEL-IT).
Gas Plus S.p.A. is currently neutrally valued, as its previous close of EUR 3.93 lies within the CapitalCube estimate range of EUR 3.87 to EUR 4.62. Over the last 52 week period, Gas Plus S.p.A. has fluctuated between EUR 3.38 and EUR 4.92.
- Relative underperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a lagging position.
- Gas Plus S.p.A.’s current Price/Book of 0.85 is about median in its peer group.
- The market expects faster earnings growth from GSP-IT than from its peers and also a turnaround in its current ROE.
- GSP-IT employs relatively high amounts of assets while generating relatively median profit margins.
- Changes in annual earnings are in line with its chosen peers but lags in terms of revenue, implying the company is cost conscious and selective about spending for growth.
- GSP-IT‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years has trailed the peer median and suggests the company might be operationally challenged relative to its peers.
- Company appears to give away relatively high gross margins to relatively high operating costs suggesting a differentiated product portfolio with low pre-tax margins relative to peers.
- While GSP-IT‘s revenues have increased slower than peer median, the market currently gives the company a higher than peer median PE ratio and may be factoring in some sort of a strategic play.
- The company’s capital investment program suggests it is under-investing in a business that is producing peer median returns.
- GSP-IT seems too levered to raise additional debt.
Gas Plus S.p.A. has a fundamental score of 28 and has a relative valuation of NEUTRAL.
Gas Plus S.p.A. lies at the bottom left quadrant of CapitalCube’s Value – Price Matrix. We call this space a Value Trap. At this level, Gas Plus S.p.A. is potentially undervalued, since it trades lower than its CapitalCube Implied price of 4.24. However, its fundamental analysis score is also on the lower side at 28, begging the question whether the low price is on account of the weaker fundamentals.
Drivers of Valuation
GSP-IT has a Turnaround profile relative to its peers.
The market expects GSP-IT to grow faster than the median of its chosen peers (PE of 32.34 compared to peer median of 17.52) and to improve its current ROE of 2.64% which is below its peer median of 3.32%. Thus, the market seems to expect a turnaround in GSP-IT‘s current performance.
The company’s current Price/Book of 0.85 is about median in its peer group.
GSP-IT has moved to a Turnaround from a median ROE and PE profile at the recent year-end.
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Gas Plus SpA engages in the exploration, production and distribution of natural gas. The company operates through the following business units: Exploration and Production, Supply and Sales, Retail, and Network. Its activities include natural gas value chain, particularly in the exploration and production, purchase, distribution and sale to wholesale and final customers. The company was founded in 1960 and is headquartered in Milan, Italy.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.