General de Seguros SAB relative valuation is OVERVALUED and it has a fundamental analysis score of 50.
Our analysis is based on comparing General de Seguros SAB with the following peers – Argus Group Holdings Limited, Sul America SA Ctf de Deposito de Acoes Cons of 1 Sh + 2 Pfd Shs, Pena Verde SAB and Grupo Profuturo SAB de CV (AGH-BM, SULA11-BR, PV-MX and GPROFUT-MX).
General de Seguros SAB has shown good performance overall, both over the last one year (at 20%) as well as over the last month (at 13.79%). Share price performance over the last month, though has been lower than that over the last year. But General de Seguros SAB’s stock has done better than its overall peer group whose performance was 1.43% over the last month.
- From a peer analysis perspective, relative outperformance last month is up from a median performance last year.
- It’s current Price/Book of 1.00 is about median in its peer group.
- The market expects GENSEG-MX to grow at about the same rate as the peers and to maintain the median returns it currently generates.
- GENSEG-MX‘s relatively high profit margins are burdened by capital inefficiency.
- Changes in annual earnings are in line with its chosen peers but lags in terms of revenue, implying the company is cost conscious and selective about spending for growth.
- GENSEG-MX‘s return on equity currently and over the past five years is around the peer median and suggest that it does not have any particular operational advantages versus peers.
- While the company does not seem to have a relative advantage in its underwiting margins, its relatively high pre-tax margin suggests relatively tight control on operating costs versus peers.
- While GENSEG-MX‘s revenues in recent years have grown faster than the peer median, the market gives the stock a P/E ratio that is around peer median suggesting that the market has some questions about the company’s long-term strategy.
- The company’s equity capital investment program suggests it is under-investing in a business that is producing peer median returns.
- Our analysis rates General de Seguros SAB as OVERVALUED relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
From a peer analysis perspective, relative outperformance last month is up from a median performance last year.
While GENSEG-MX‘s change in share price of 20% for the last 12 months is in line with its peer median, its more recent 30-day share price performance of 13.79% is above the peer median. This suggests the company’s performance has improved more recently relative to peers.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
General de Seguros SAB’s price of MXN 66 is greater than CapitalCube’s implied price of MXN 55.37. At this level, CapitalCube believes that General de Seguros SAB is overvalued. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between MXN 45 and MXN 66.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
General de Seguros SAB engages in the provision of insurance and reinsurance services. It offers life, health, car and house insurance. The company was founded on October 10, 1945 and is headquartered in Mexico City.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.