Capitalcube gives Glanbia Plc a score of 66.
Our analysis is based on comparing Glanbia Plc with the following peers – Dairy Crest Group plc, Kri-Kri Milk Industry SA and Ukrproduct Group Ltd (DCG-GB, KRI-GR and UKR-GB).
Glanbia Plc has a fundamental score of 66 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Glanbia Plc
- Compared to peers, relative underperformance over the last year is in contrast with the more recent outperformance.
- It currently trades at a Price/Book ratio of (3.92).
- The market expects GLB-GB to grow at about the same rate as the peers and to maintain the median returns it currently generates.
- GLB-GB‘s relative asset efficiency and net profit margins are both around the median level.
- Changes in annual revenues (relative to peers) are better than the change in its earnings (relative to peers), implying the company is focused more on revenues.
- Over the last five years, GLB-GB‘s return on assets has declined from above median to about median among its peers, indicating declining relative operating performance.
- The company’s relatively low gross margin and median pre-tax margin suggest operations may be constrained on pricing versus peers.
- While GLB-GB‘s revenues in recent years have grown faster than the peer median, the market gives the stock a P/E ratio that is around peer median suggesting that the market has some questions about the company’s long-term strategy.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- GLB-GB has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
Access our research and ratings on Glanbia Plc
Leverage & Liquidity
GLB-GB has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- With debt at a relatively low 15.42% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 21.50%), and a well-cushioned interest coverage level of 9.42x, GLB-GB can probably borrow quickly. We classify the company as Quick & Able in terms of its capacity to raise additional debt.
- All 3 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
GLB-GB has maintained its Quick & Able profile from the prior year-end.
- GLB-GB‘s interest coverage is similar to last year’s high of 9.52x, which compares to the 2014 low of 6.69x.
- Compared to 2015, interest coverage has remained relatively stable for both the company (9.42x) and the peer median (7.69x).
- GLB-GB‘s debt-EV is similar to its four-year average debt-EV of 15.73%.
- While its debt-EV increased to 15.42% from 14.21% (in 2015), its peer median decreased during this period to 21.50% from 24.02%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV rose 3.73 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for Glanbia Plc
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Dairy Crest Group plc||27.58||2.16||5.96||8.43|
|Kri-Kri Milk Industry SA||11.5||2.14||26.58||117.93|
|Ukrproduct Group Ltd||82.58||0.48||-0.27||2.45|
|Best In Class||11.5||2.16||26.58||117.93|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Glanbia Plc?
Glanbia Plc engages in the manufacture and distribution of dairy and nutritional ingredients. It operates through the following segments: Glanbia Performance Nutrition, Glanbia Nutritionals, Dairy Ireland, and Joint Ventures and Associates. The Glanbia Performance Nutrition segment comprises of performance nutrition products under the Optimum Nutrition, BSN, Isopure, Nutramino, and ABB brands. The Glanbia Nutritionals segment manufactures and sells cheese, dairy, and non-dairy nutritional ingredients and vitamin and mineral premixes. The Dairy Ireland segment consists of consumer products and agribusiness. The Joint Ventures and Associates segment covers Glanbia Ingredients Ireland, Glanbia Cheese, and Southwest Cheese. The company was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Kilkenny, Ireland.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.