GlaxoSmithKline (Egypt) relative valuation is now NEUTRAL. It was previously rated UNDERVALUED, and has a fundamental analysis score of 66.
Our analysis is based on comparing GlaxoSmithKline (Egypt) with the following peers – Egyptian International Pharmaceutical Industries Co., Arab Drug Company for Pharmaceuticals and Chemi cal Industries, May & Baker Nigeria Plc and Memphis Pharmaceutical & Chemical Industries (PHAR-EG, ADCI-EG, MAYBAKER-NG and MPCI-EG).
GlaxoSmithKline (Egypt) is currently neutrally valued, as its previous close of EGP 11.16 lies within the CapitalCube estimate range of EGP 11.13 to EGP 12.60. Over the last 52 week period, GlaxoSmithKline (Egypt) has fluctuated between EGP 7.75 and EGP 11.51.
- Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
- GlaxoSmithKline S.A.E.’s current Price/Book of 0.93 is about median in its peer group.
- BIOC-EG‘s operating performance is relatively good compared to its peers. The market currently does not expect high earnings growth relative to its peers but seems to expect the company to maintain its relatively high rates of return.
- BIOC-EG‘s relatively high profit margins are burdened by relative asset inefficiency.
- Changes in annual earnings are in line with its chosen peers but lags in terms of revenue, implying the company is cost conscious and selective about spending for growth.
- Over the last five years, BIOC-EG‘s return on assets has improved from median to better than the median among its peers, suggesting the company has found relative operating advantages.
- The company’s relatively high pre-tax margin suggests tight control on operating costs versus peers.
- While BIOC-EG‘s revenues growth has been below the peer median in the last few years, the market still gives the stock a P/E ratio that is around peer median and seems to see the company as a long-term strategic bet.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- BIOC-EG currently does not have any debt.
GlaxoSmithKline (Egypt) has a fundamental score of 66 and has a relative valuation of NEUTRAL.
GlaxoSmithKline (Egypt) is on the top left quadrant of the CapitalCube Value – Price Matrix. We classify this space a ‘Value Play’. Here, GlaxoSmithKline (Egypt) is potentially undervalued, since it trades below its CapitalCube Implied Price of 11.86. At the same time, GlaxoSmithKline (Egypt) is also fundamentally strong with a score of 66. This is a classic value stock definition.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
Drivers of Valuation
The market seems to expect BIOC-EG to maintain its relatively high returns.
BIOC-EG‘s operating performance is higher than the median of its chosen peers (ROE of 6.97% compared to the peer median ROE of 4.36%) but the market does not seem to expect higher growth relative to peers (P/E of 13.49 compared to peer median of 13.49) but simply to maintain its relatively high rates of return.
The company’s current Price/Book of 0.93 is about median in its peer group.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
BIOC-EG has moved to a relatively high ROE from an Harvesting profile at the prior year-end.
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
GlaxoSmithKline (Egypt) engages in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Its business operations are carried out through the production, packaging, marketing, sale, and distribution of medicines and other pharmaceutical products. The firm also involves in the production, and in some cases, the sale and distribution of products for other pharmaceutical companies. The company was founded in 1981 and is headquartered in Cairo, Egypt.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.