Capitalcube gives Harley-Davidson, Inc. a score of 66.
Our analysis is based on comparing Harley-Davidson, Inc. with the following peers – Polaris Industries Inc., Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft Sponsored ADR and Honda Motor Co., Ltd. Sponsored ADR (PII-US, BMWYY-US and HMC-US).
Harley-Davidson, Inc. has a fundamental score of 66 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Harley-Davidson, Inc.
- Compared to peers, relative outperformance over the last year has faded more recently.
- It currently trades at a Price/Book ratio of (4.97).
- HOG-US‘s operating performance is relatively good compared to its peers. The market currently does not expect high earnings growth relative to its peers but seems to expect the company to maintain its relatively high rates of return.
- HOG-US has relatively high profit margins while operating with median asset turns.
- Changes in annual earnings (relative to peers) are better than the change in its revenues (relative to peers), implying the company is focused more on earnings.
- HOG-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s relatively high gross and pre-tax margins suggest a differentiated product portfolio and tight control on operating costs relative to peers.
- While HOG-US‘s revenues growth has been below the peer median in the last few years, the market still gives the stock a P/E ratio that is around peer median and seems to see the company as a long-term strategic bet.
- The company’s level of capital investment is relatively low and suggests it is milking the business.
- HOG-US might have enough interest coverage to take-on additional debt prudently.
Access our research and ratings on Harley-Davidson, Inc.
Leverage & Liquidity
HOG-US might have enough interest coverage to take-on additional debt.
- While HOG-US‘s debt to enterprise ratio of 41.88% is on the high side compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 51.80%), it also enjoys a relatively high interest coverage level of 23.67x which may give the company enough financial strength to support additional debt. Thus, the company is classified as having Some Capacity to raise more debt.
- All 3 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
HOG-US has maintained its Some Capacity profile from the recent year-end.
- HOG-US‘s interest coverage is downward trending and is below (but within one standard deviation of) its five-year average interest coverage of 96.64x.
- The decrease in its interest coverage to 23.67x from 35.17x (in 2016) was also accompanied by a decrease in its peer median during this period to 26.21x from 28.24x.
- Interest coverage fell 9.47 points relative to peers (and is now lower than its peer median).
- HOG-US‘s debt-EV is greater than (but within one standard deviation of) its five-year average debt-EV of 36.32%.
- Compared to 2016, debt-EV has remained relatively stable for both the company (41.88%) and the peer median (51.80%).
Access the detailed analysis for Harley-Davidson, Inc.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Polaris Industries Inc.||18.38||1.24||16.46||54.31|
|Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft Sponsored ADR||67.99||0.98||28.74||2.13|
|Honda Motor Co., Ltd. Sponsored ADR||61.71||1.17||49.32||20.01|
|Best In Class||18.38||1.66||49.32||54.31|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Harley-Davidson, Inc.?
Harley-Davidson, Inc. manufactures and sells heavyweight motorcycles as well as a line of motorcycle parts, accessories, general merchandise and related services. It also provides wholesale and retail financing and insurance programs primarily to Harley-Davidson dealers and customers. The company operates through the following segments: Motorcycles & Related Products and Financial Services. The Motorcycles & Related Products segment designs, manufactures and sells Harley-Davidson motorcycles as well as a line of motorcycle parts, accessories, general merchandise and related services. The Financial Services segment consists of Harley-Davidson Financial Services, which provides wholesale and retail financing and also offers insurance and insurance-related programs primarily to Harley-Davidson dealers and their retail customers. Harley-Davidson was founded by William Sylvester Harley, Arthur Davidson, Walter C. Davidson, Sr. and William A. Davidson in 1903 and is headquartered in Milwaukee, WI.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.