Hawthorn Bancshares, Inc. relative valuation is UNDERVALUED and it has a fundamental analysis score of 25.
Our analysis is based on comparing Hawthorn Bancshares, Inc. with the following peers – Enterprise Financial Services Corp, Great Southern Bancorp, Inc., Ames National Corporation, QCR Holdings, Inc., West Bancorporation, Inc., MidWestOne Financial Group, Inc., Guaranty Federal Bancshares, Inc., UMB Financial Corporation, Commerce Bancshares, Inc. and BNCCorp, Inc. (EFSC-US, GSBC-US, ATLO-US, QCRH-US, WTBA-US, MOFG-US, GFED-US, UMBF-US, CBSH-US and BNCC-US).
Hawthorn Bancshares, Inc. has shown good performance overall, both over the last one year (at 58.38%) as well as over the last month (at 15.04%). Share price performance over the last month, though has been lower than that over the last year. But Hawthorn Bancshares, Inc.’s stock has done better than its overall peer group whose performance was -1.30% over the last month.
- Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
- It trades at a lower Price/Book multiple (1.42) than its peer median (1.81).
- The market expects HWBK-US to grow at about the same rate as the peers and to maintain the median returns it currently generates.
- HWBK-US has relatively low profit margins and median capital efficiency.
- Compared with its chosen peers, the company’s annual revenues and earnings change at a slower rate, implying a lack of strategic focus and/or lack of execution success.
- HWBK-US‘s return on equity has improved from below median to about median among its peers over the last five years.
- While the company’s lending operations do not seem to benefit from any relative pricing advantage its margins suggest relatively high operating costs.
- While HWBK-US‘s revenues growth has been below the peer median in the last few years, the market still gives the stock a P/E ratio that is around peer median and seems to see the company as a long-term strategic bet.
- The company’s equity capital investment program suggests it is under-investing in a business that is producing peer median returns.
- Our analysis rates Hawthorn Bancshares, Inc. as UNDERVALUED relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
HWBK-US‘s share price performance of 58.38% over the last 12 months is above peer median of 38.69%. The 30-day trend in its share price performance of 15.04% is also above the peer median of -1.30% suggesting that this company is a leading performer relative to its peers.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
Hawthorn Bancshares, Inc.’s price of USD 22.95 is lower than CapitalCube’s implied price of USD 27.75. CapitalCube believes that at these levels, Hawthorn Bancshares, Inc. is undervalued and has upside potential. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between USD 13.36 and USD 23.15.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Hawthorn Bancshares, Inc. is a bank holding company, which through provides banking services to individual and corporate customers through its Hawthorn bank subsidiary. It offers checking and savings accounts, internet banking, debit cards, certificates of deposit, brokerage services, personal loans, installment loans, trust services, credit related insurance, and safe deposit boxes. The company was founded on October 23, 1992 and is headquartered in Jefferson, MO.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.