Capitalcube gives Hays plc a score of 78.
Our analysis is based on comparing Hays plc with the following peers – Robert Walters Plc, SThree plc, PageGroup PLC, Hydrogen Group plc, Staffline Group plc, Prime People Plc, Empresaria Group plc, Servoca Plc and Impellam Group plc (RWA-GB, STHR-GB, PAGE-GB, HYDG-GB, STAF-GB, PRP-GB, EMR-GB, SVCA-GB and IPEL-GB).
Hays plc has a fundamental score of 78 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Hays plc
- Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
- It currently trades at a Price/Book ratio of (4.55).
- HAS-GB outperforms its peers with a relatively high operating performance and the market also expects faster growth relative to its peers
- HAS-GB‘s median net profit margins and relatively high asset efficiency give it some operating leverage.
- Compared with its chosen peers, changes in the company’s annual earnings are better than the changes in its revenue, implying better than median cost control and/or some economies of scale.
- HAS-GB‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s median gross margin and relatively high pre-tax margins suggest non-differentiated product portfolio but with tight cost control relative to peers.
- While HAS-GB‘s revenues have increased slower than peer median, the market currently gives the company a higher than peer median P/E ratio and may be factoring in some sort of a strategic play.
- The company’s level of capital investment suggests it might be under-investing in a business with above median returns.
- HAS-GB has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
Access our research and ratings on Hays plc
Leverage & Liquidity
HAS-GB has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- With debt at a relatively low 0.01% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 10.37%), and a well-cushioned interest coverage level of 60.43x, HAS-GB can probably borrow quickly. We classify the company as Quick & Able in terms of its capacity to raise additional debt.
- Of the 9 chosen peers for the company, only 7 of the stocks have an outstanding debt balance. Companies with no debt include PAGE-GB and PRP-GB.
HAS-GB has maintained its Quick & Able profile from the prior year-end.
- HAS-GB‘s interest coverage is its highest over the last four years and compares to a low of 16.30x in 2013.
- While its interest coverage increased to 60.43x from 53.24x (in 2016), its peer median decreased during this period to 37.07x from 42.05x.
- Interest coverage rose 12.17 points relative to peers.
- HAS-GB‘s debt-EV is its lowest over the last four years and compares to a high of 10.76% in 2013.
- While its debt-EV decreased to 0.01% from 1.92% (in 2016), its peer median increased during this period to 10.37% from 9.60%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV fell 2.67 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for Hays plc
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Robert Walters Plc||10.37||1.33||33.3||92.75|
|Hydrogen Group plc||25.88||1.42||-3.91||55.99|
|Staffline Group plc||14.07||1.06||7.67||53.09|
|Prime People Plc||0||3.17||No interest exp||999|
|Empresaria Group plc||42.29||1.01||11.5||20.2|
|Impellam Group plc||36.75||1.13||8.33||24.11|
|Best In Class||0.02||3.17||No interest exp||1209.81|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Hays plc?
Hays plc engages in the provision of recruitment and office support services. The company provides employee and employer services such as Hays Talent Solutions, Hays Executive, and Hays Oil and Gas. It operates through the following segments: Asia Pacific; Continental Europe and Rest of World; and United Kingdom and Ireland. Hays was founded by Denis R. Waxman in 1969 and is headquartered in London, the United Kingdom.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.