Capitalcube gives HEICO Corp. a score of 84.
Our analysis is based on comparing HEICO Corp. with the following peers – Esterline Technologies Corporation, Triumph Group, Inc., United Technologies Corporation, Wesco Aircraft Holdings, Inc, SIFCO Industries, Inc. and General Electric Company (ESL-US, TGI-US, UTX-US, WAIR-US, SIF-US and GE-US).
HEICO Corp. has a fundamental score of 84 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on HEICO Corp.
- With respect to peers, relative outperformance over the last year is in contrast to the more recent underperformance.
- It currently trades at a Price/Book ratio of (2.88).
- HEI.A-US‘s operating performance is relatively good compared to its peers. The market currently does not expect high earnings growth relative to its peers but seems to expect the company to maintain its relatively high rates of return.
- HEI.A-US has relatively high profit margins while operating with median asset turns.
- Changes in annual revenues (relative to peers) are better than the change in its earnings (relative to peers), implying the company is focused more on revenues.
- HEI.A-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s relatively high gross and pre-tax margins suggest a differentiated product portfolio and tight control on operating costs relative to peers.
- While HEI.A-US‘s revenues in recent years have grown faster than the peer median, the market gives the stock a P/E ratio that is around peer median suggesting that the market has some questions about the company’s long-term strategy.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- HEI.A-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
Access our research and ratings on HEICO Corp.
Leverage & Liquidity
HEI.A-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- With debt at a relatively low 6.59% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 40.85%), and a well-cushioned interest coverage level of 35.41x, HEI.A-US can probably borrow quickly. We classify the company as Quick & Able in terms of its capacity to raise additional debt.
- All 6 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
HEI.A-US has maintained its Quick & Able profile from the recent year-end.
- HEI.A-US‘s interest coverage has increased 2.58 points from last year’s low but is still below its five-year average interest coverage of 46.81.
- While its interest coverage increased to 35.41x from 32.82x (in 2016), its peer median decreased during this period to 3.11x from 4.57x.
- Interest coverage rose 4.05 points relative to peers.
- HEI.A-US‘s debt-EV is its lowest relative to the last five years and compares to a high of 12.08% in 2013.
- While its debt-EV decreased to 6.59% from 9.88% (in 2016), its peer median increased during this period to 40.85% from 36.91%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV fell 7.23 percentage points. Unlike the peer median, it is also below the 25% leverage benchmark.
Access the detailed analysis for HEICO Corp.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Esterline Technologies Corporation||23.27||3.22||6.68||30.18|
|Triumph Group, Inc.||45.56||1.43||2.92||23.42|
|United Technologies Corporation||22.77||1.37||6.19||34.74|
|Wesco Aircraft Holdings, Inc||45.84||4.06||3.11||15.08|
|SIFCO Industries, Inc.||48.62||1.16||-2.65||7.72|
|General Electric Company||40.85||1.34||2.83||8.11|
|HEICO Corporation Class A||6.59||2.89||35.41||59.91|
|Best In Class||6.59||4.06||35.41||59.91|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for HEICO Corp.?
HEICO Corp. engages in the provision of flight support and technology equipment. It operates through the Flight Support Group (FSG) and Electronic Technologies Group (ETG). The FSG segment designs, manufactures, repairs, overhauls and distributes jet engine and aircraft component replacement parts, as well as manufactures and sell specialty parts as a subcontractor for aerospace and industrial original equipment manufacturers and the United States government. The ETG segment designs and manufactures electronic, microwave, and electro-optical equipment and components, three-dimensional microelectronic and stacked memory products, high-speed interface products, high voltage interconnection devices, high voltage advanced power electronics products, power conversion products, underwater locator beacons, electromagnetic interference shielding, traveling wave tube amplifiers, harsh environment electronic connectors and other interconnect products, communications and electronic intercept receivers and tuners, crashworthy, and ballistically self-sealing auxiliary fuel systems for military rotorcraft, RF and microwave amplifiers, transmitters and receivers, satellite microwave modules, and integrated subsystems primarily for the aviation, defense, space, medical, telecommunications, and electronics industries. The company was founded in 1957 and is headquartered in Hollywood, FL.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.