Capitalcube gives Hornbach-Baumarkt AG a score of 50.
Our analysis is based on comparing Hornbach-Baumarkt AG with the following peers – HORNBACH Holding AG & Co. KGaA, SAMSE SA, Kingfisher Plc and Travis Perkins plc (HBH-DE, SAMS-FR, KGF-GB and TPK-GB).
Hornbach-Baumarkt AG has a fundamental score of 50 and has a relative valuation of UNDERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Hornbach-Baumarkt AG
- Compared to peers, relative underperformance last month is down from a median performance last year.
- It’s current Price/Book of 0.94 is about median in its peer group.
- The market expects HBM-DE to grow at about the same rate as the peers and to maintain the median returns it currently generates.
- HBM-DE‘s median net profit margins and relatively high asset efficiency give it some operating leverage.
- Changes in annual revenues are in line with its chosen peers but lags in terms of earnings suggesting that the company is less cost conscious and may be spending for growth.
- HBM-DE‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years is around the peer median and suggest that it does not have any particular operational advantages versus peers.
- The company’s median gross margin and relatively low pre-tax margin suggest high operating costs versus peers.
- HBM-DE‘s revenue growth in recent years and current P/E ratio are both around their respective peer medians suggesting that historical performance and long-term growth expectations for the company are largely in sync.
- The company is likely overinvesting in a business with only median returns.
- HBM-DE might have enough interest coverage to take-on additional debt prudently.
Access our research and ratings on Hornbach-Baumarkt AG
Leverage & Liquidity
HBM-DE might have enough interest coverage to take-on additional debt.
- While HBM-DE‘s debt to enterprise ratio of 33.59% is on the high side compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 33.59%), it also enjoys a relatively high interest coverage level of 6.31x which may give the company enough financial strength to support additional debt. Thus, the company is classified as having Some Capacity to raise more debt.
- All 4 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
HBM-DE has maintained its Some Capacity profile from the recent year-end.
- HBM-DE‘s interest coverage is greater than (but within one standard deviation of) its five-year average interest coverage of 5.28x.
- The increase in its interest coverage to 6.31x from 4.21x (in 2017) was also accompanied by an increase in its peer median during this period to 14.76x from 5.64x.
- Interest coverage fell 7.01 points relative to peers.
- HBM-DE‘s debt-EV continues to trend downward and is below (but within one standard deviation of) its five-year average debt-EV of 39.50%.
- Though its debt-EV decreased to 33.59% from 35.24% (in 2017), its peer median remained relatively stable during this period at 33.59%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV fell 1.70 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for Hornbach-Baumarkt AG
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|HORNBACH Holding AG & Co. KGaA||34.34||2.04||6.66||32|
|Travis Perkins plc||15.64||1.44||14.76||65.37|
|HORNBACH Baumarkt AG||33.59||2.01||6.31||37.24|
|Best In Class||3.29||2.04||41||350.13|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Hornbach-Baumarkt AG?
Hornbach-Baumarkt AG engages in the operation of a chain of megastores. It offers do-it-yourself (DIY), home improvement, and gardening products. It operates through the Retail and real estate segments. The Retail segment includes DIY megastores and garden centers grouped together, as well as the the online shops in other European countries. The Real Estate segment focuses on the retail properties, which charge the properties to the respective DIY stores with garden centers. The company was founded by Michael Hornbach in 1877 and is headquartered in Bornheim, Germany.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.