Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. relative valuation is NEUTRAL and it has a fundamental analysis score of 72.
Our analysis is based on comparing Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. with the following peers – Terex Corporation, Wabash National Corporation, Manitex International, Inc., Cummins Inc. and Power Solutions International, Inc. (TEX-US, WNC-US, MNTX-US, CMI-US and PSIX-US).
Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. has shown good performance overall, both over the last one year (at 74.88%) as well as over the last month (at 14.43%). Share price performance over the last month, though has been lower than that over the last year. But Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc.’s stock has done better than its overall peer group whose performance was 1.98% over the last month.
- From a peer analysis perspective, relative outperformance last month is up from a median performance last year.
- It’s current Price/Book of 2.03 is about median in its peer group.
- The market expects HY-US to grow at about the same rate as the peers and to maintain the median returns it currently generates.
- HY-US’s median net profit margins and relatively high asset efficiency give it some operating leverage.
- Change in the company’s annual revenues seems to be coming at the expense of earnings.
- Over the last five years, HY-US’s return on assets has declined from above median to about median among its peers, indicating declining relative operating performance.
- The company’s relatively high pre-tax margin suggests tight control on operating costs versus peers.
- While HY-US’s revenues growth has been below the peer median in the last few years, the market still gives the stock a P/E ratio that is around peer median and seems to see the company as a long-term strategic bet.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- HY-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- Our analysis rates Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. as NEUTRAL relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
From a peer analysis perspective, relative outperformance last month is up from a median performance last year.
While HY-US’s change in share price of 74.88% for the last 12 months is in line with its peer median, its more recent 30-day share price performance of 14.43% is above the peer median. This suggests the company’s performance has improved more recently relative to peers.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. is currently neutrally valued, as its previous close of USD 90.01 lies within the CapitalCube estimate range of USD 75.88 to USD 91.29. Over the last 52 week period, Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. has fluctuated between USD 51.46 and USD 93.90.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks. It markets under Hyster and Yale brand names. The company operates through four segments: Americas, EMEA, JAPIC and Nuvera. Hyster-Yale Materials Handling was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Cleveland, OH.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.