Capitalcube gives IGas Energy Plc a score of 44.
Our analysis is based on comparing IGas Energy Plc with the following peers – Bowleven plc, JKX Oil & Gas plc, Ascent Resources plc, Cabot Energy Plc, Volga Gas plc, Premier Oil plc, EnQuest PLC and Rockhopper Exploration plc (BLVN-GB, JKX-GB, AST-GB, CAB-GB, VGAS-GB, PMO-GB, ENQ-GB and RKH-GB).
IGas Energy Plc has a fundamental score of 44 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on IGas Energy Plc
- Compared to peers, relative underperformance over the last year is in contrast with the more recent outperformance.
- It’s current Price/Book of 0.57 is about median in its peer group.
- IGAS-GB outperforms its peers with a relatively high operating performance and the market also expects faster growth relative to its peers
- IGAS-GB has relatively high profit margins while operating with median asset turns.
- Compared with its chosen peers, the company’s annual revenues and earnings change at a slower rate, implying a lack of strategic focus and/or lack of execution success.
- Over the last five years, IGAS-GB‘s return on assets has improved from median to better than the median among its peers, suggesting the company has found relative operating advantages.
- The company’s median gross margin and relatively low pre-tax margin suggest high operating costs versus peers.
- While IGAS-GB‘s revenues have increased slower than peer median, the market currently gives the company a higher than peer median P/E ratio and may be factoring in some sort of a strategic play.
- The company’s relatively low level of capital investment and below peer median returns on capital suggest that the company is in maintenance mode.
- IGAS-GB‘s operating performance may not allow it to raise additional debt.
Access our research and ratings on IGas Energy Plc
Leverage & Liquidity
IGAS-GB would seem to have a hard time raising additional debt.
- With debt at 24.06% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 8.64%), and relatively tight interest coverage level of -0.48x, IGAS-GB would have a hard time raising much additional debt.
- Of the 8 chosen peers for the company, only 5 of the stocks have an outstanding debt balance. Companies with no debt include BLVN-GB, CAB-GB and RKH-GB.
IGAS-GB has moved to a relatively low liquidity from a Limited Flexibility profile at the prior year-end.
- IGAS-GB‘s interest coverage is its lowest over the last four years and compares to a high of 1.66x in 2014.
- Though its interest coverage has remained relatively stable at -0.48x compared to 2015, its peer median has increased to 0.53x from -0.32x during this period.
- Interest coverage fell 1.01 points relative to peers.
- IGAS-GB‘s debt-EV is its lowest over the last four years and compares to a high of 87.63% in 2015.
- The decrease in its debt-EV to 24.06% from 87.63% (in 2015) was also accompanied by a decrease in its peer median during this period to 8.64% from 45.76%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV fell 26.44 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for IGas Energy Plc
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Bowleven plc||0||86.09||No interest exp||999|
|JKX Oil & Gas plc||30.03||0.25||-0.54||-59.65|
|Ascent Resources plc||8.64||1.22||-1.74||-32.57|
|Cabot Energy Plc||0||1.89||-30.49||-752.59|
|Volga Gas plc||8.18||1.82||2308.99||353.77|
|Premier Oil plc||99.87||0.81||1.05||14.54|
|Rockhopper Exploration plc||0||3.36||No interest exp||999|
|IGas Energy plc||24.06||3.62||-0.48||-5.95|
|Best In Class||8.18||86.09||2308.99||999|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for IGas Energy Plc?
IGas Energy Plc is an exploration company. It is engaged in the exploration, development and production of onshore oil and gas. The company was founded by Andrew Austin Philip and Francis Robert Gugen in 2003 and is headquartered in London, United Kingdom.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.