Capitalcube gives IQE Plc a score of 75.
Our analysis is based on comparing IQE Plc with the following peers – CML Microsystems Plc, Nanoco Group PLC, Frontier Smart Technologies Group Limited, Ceres Power Holdings plc and PV Crystalox Solar Plc (CML-GB, NANO-GB, FST-GB, CWR-GB and PVCS-GB).
IQE Plc has a fundamental score of 75 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on IQE Plc
- With respect to peers, relative outperformance over the last year is in contrast to the more recent underperformance.
- It currently trades at a Price/Book ratio of (6.03).
- IQE-GB outperforms its peers with a relatively high operating performance and the market also expects faster growth relative to its peers
- IQE-GB has relatively high profit margins while operating with median asset turns.
- Changes in annual revenues are in line with its chosen peers but lags in terms of earnings suggesting that the company is less cost conscious and may be spending for growth.
- IQE-GB‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s median gross margin and relatively high pre-tax margins suggest non-differentiated product portfolio but with tight cost control relative to peers.
- While IQE-GB‘s revenues have increased slower than peer median, the market currently gives the company a higher than peer median P/E ratio and may be factoring in some sort of a strategic play.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- IQE-GB has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
Access our research and ratings on IQE Plc
Leverage & Liquidity
IQE-GB has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- With debt at a relatively low 7.65% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 0%), and a well-cushioned interest coverage level of 9.46x, IQE-GB can probably borrow quickly. We classify the company as Quick & Able in terms of its capacity to raise additional debt.
- Of the 5 chosen peers for the company, only 1 of the stocks have an outstanding debt balance (including FST-GB). Companies with no debt include CML-GB, NANO-GB, CWR-GB and PVCS-GB.
IQE-GB has maintained its Quick & Able profile from the prior year-end.
- IQE-GB‘s interest coverage is greater than (but within one standard deviation of) its four-year average interest coverage of 8.28x.
- The decrease in its interest coverage to 9.46x from 11.24x (in 2015) was also accompanied by a decrease in its peer median during this period to 504.23x from 505.12x.
- Interest coverage fell 0.89 points relative to peers.
- IQE-GB‘s debt-EV is its lowest over the last four years and compares to a high of 24.46% in 2014.
- Though its debt-EV decreased to 7.65% from 19.61% (in 2015), its peer median remained relatively stable during this period at 0%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV fell 11.95 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for IQE Plc
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|CML Microsystems Plc||0||3.23||No interest exp||999|
|Nanoco Group PLC||N/A||5.92||No interest exp||-46881.25|
|Frontier Smart Technologies Group Limited||8.79||1.28||-4.78||60.99|
|Ceres Power Holdings plc||0||8.27||No interest exp||999|
|PV Crystalox Solar Plc||0||12.77||-1217.24||999|
|Best In Class||7.65||12.77||No interest exp||999|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for IQE Plc?
IQE Plc is a holding company, which engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of advanced semiconductor materials. It operates through the following segments: Wireless, Photonics, Infra Red, and CMOS++. The Wireless segment includes mobile phones, smartphones, mobile networks, Wi-Fi, smart metering, satellite navigation, and a plethora of other connected devices. The Photonics segment covers applications the either emit or detect light. The Infa Red segment consists of antimonide, and gallium antimonide engineered materials. The CMOS++ segment combines the advanced properties of compound semiconductors with silicon. The company was founded in 1988 and is headquartered in Cardiff, the United Kingdom.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.