JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. relative valuation is OVERVALUED and it has a fundamental analysis score of 75.
Our analysis is based on comparing JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. with the following peers – JA Solar Holdings Co., Ltd. Sponsored ADR, Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd. Sponsored ADR, Canadian Solar Inc., Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. Sponsored ADR, China Sunergy Co., Ltd. Sponsored ADR, Daqo New Energy Corp. Sponsored ADR and ReneSola Ltd. Sponsored ADR (JASO-US, HQCL-US, CSIQ-US, YGE-US, CSUNY-US, DQ-US and SOL-US).
JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. has shown underwhelming performance over the last one year while growing strongly over the last month. JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd.’s price momentum over the last month, at 26.01% has been better than that over the last year, which was -9.64%. Also from a peer group perspective, JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. has performed better, since the peer group performance was 4.90% over the last month.
- Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
- It’s current Price/Book of 0.73 is about median in its peer group.
- JKS-US‘s operating performance is relatively good compared to its peers. The market currently does not expect high earnings growth relative to its peers but seems to expect the company to maintain its relatively high rates of return.
- JKS-US has relatively high profit margins while operating with median asset turns.
- Change in the company’s annual revenues seems to be coming at the expense of earnings.
- JKS-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s relatively high pre-tax margin suggests tight control on operating costs versus peers.
- While JKS-US‘s revenues in recent years have grown faster than the peer median, the market gives the stock a P/E ratio that is around peer median suggesting that the market has some questions about the company’s long-term strategy.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- JKS-US seems to be constrained by the current level of debt.
- Our analysis rates JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. as OVERVALUED relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
JKS-US‘s share price performance of -9.64% over the last 12 months is above peer median of -34.85%. The 30-day trend in its share price performance of 26.01% is also above the peer median of 4.90% suggesting that this company is a leading performer relative to its peers.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd.’s price of USD 21.46 is greater than CapitalCube’s implied price of USD 18.47. At this level, CapitalCube believes that JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. is overvalued. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between USD 12.72 and USD 24.04.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. engages in the solar power industry. It operates through Manufacturing and Solar Power Projects segments. The Manufacturing segment focuses on the manufacture of silicon ingots, wafers, cells, and solar modules. The Solar Power Projects segment deals with the development, construction, and operation of solar power projects, which include power generation; engineering, procurement, and construction; and connecting solar power projects to the grid, and operation and maintenance of the solar power projects. The company was founded by Xiande Li, Kangping Chen, and Xianhua Li on August 3, 2007 and is headquartered in Shangrao, China.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.