Capitalcube gives Key Energy Services, Inc. a score of 31.
Our analysis is based on comparing Key Energy Services, Inc. with the following peers – Petrolera Pampa SA, PEDEVCO Corp., Occidental Petroleum Corporation and Point Loma Resources Ltd. (PETR-AR, PED-US, OXY-US and PLX-CA).
Key Energy Services, Inc. has a fundamental score of 31 and has a relative valuation of UNDERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Key Energy Services, Inc.
- KEG-US has traded publicly for less than a year.
- It’s current Price/Book of 1.67 is about median in its peer group.
- KEG-US‘s earnings and EBITDA are both negative which suggest that P/E or Price/EBITDA are not meaningful to make this analysis between operating advantage (ROE) and growth expectations (as suggested by P/E or P/EBITDA).
- KEG-US‘s median net profit margins and relatively high asset efficiency give it some operating leverage.
- Changes in annual earnings (relative to peers) are better than the change in its revenues (relative to peers), implying the company is focused more on earnings.
- KEG-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years is around the peer median and suggest that it does not have any particular operational advantages versus peers.
- The company’s margins are around the peer medians and do not suggest any benefit from a pricing or an operating cost advantage versus peers.
- KEG-US‘s earnings and EBITDA are both negative which suggest that P/E or Price/EBITDA are not meaningful for an analysis between historical growth (using annualized three-year revenue growth) and investor growth expectations (as suggested by P/E or Price/EBITDA) .
- The company’s capital investment program suggests it is under-investing in a business that is producing peer median returns.
- KEG-US seems too levered to raise additional debt.
Access our research and ratings on Key Energy Services, Inc.
Leverage & Liquidity
KEG-US would seem to have a hard time raising additional debt.
- With debt at a relatively high 40.15% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 21.69%), and relatively tight interest coverage level of -3.88x, KEG-US would have a hard time raising much additional debt. The company has a Constrained profile in terms of its ability to take on further debt.
- All 4 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
KEG-US has maintained its Limited Flexibility profile from the recent year-end.
- KEG-US‘s interest coverage is less than (but within one standard deviation of) its five-year average interest coverage of -0.96x.
- Though its interest coverage has remained relatively stable at -3.88x compared to 2016, its peer median has increased to -0.43x from -2.90x during this period.
- Interest coverage fell 2.82 points relative to peers.
- KEG-US‘s debt-EV is its highest relative to the last five years and compares to a low of 32.00% in 2016.
- While its debt-EV increased to 40.15% from 32.00% (in 2016), its peer median decreased during this period to 21.69% from 30.94%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV rose 17.40 percentage points. Unlike the peer median, it is also above the 25% leverage benchmark.
Access the detailed analysis for Key Energy Services, Inc.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Petrolera Pampa SA||21.69||0.77||2.29||69.01|
|Occidental Petroleum Corporation||18.4||1.26||0.51||37.48|
|Point Loma Resources Ltd.||20.65||0.45||-15.73||-43.69|
|Key Energy Services, Inc.||40.15||1.98||-3.88||-76.14|
|Best In Class||18.4||1.98||2.29||69.01|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Key Energy Services, Inc.?
Key Energy Services, Inc. engages in onshore energy production services. It operates through the following segments: U.S. Rig Services, Fluid Management Services, Coiled Tubing Services, Fishing and Rental Services, International, and Functional Support. The U.S. Rig Services segment includes the completion of newly drilled wells, workover and recompletion of existing oil and natural gas wells, well maintenance, and the plugging and abandonment of wells. The Fluid Management Services segment involves in providing transportation and well-site storage services for fluids utilized in connection with drilling, completions, workover, and maintenance activities. The Coiled Tubing Services segment offers use of a continuous metal pipe spooled onto a large reel which is then deployed into oil and natural gas wells. The Fishing and Rental Services segment includes fishing services and rental equipment designed for use in providing onshore and offshore drilling and workover services. The International segment covers operations in Mexico and Russia. The Functional Support segment comprises of unallocated overhead costs associated with sales, safety, and administrative support for each of reporting segments. The company was founded on April 1977 and is headquartered in Houston, TX.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.