Capitalcube gives Lenovo Group Ltd. a score of 66.
Our analysis is based on comparing Lenovo Group Ltd. with the following peers – HP Inc., Compal Electronics, Inc. Sponsored GDR RegS, Acer Incorporated Sponsored GDR RegS and Quanta Computer Inc. Sponsored GDR RegS (7HP-DE, COMEL-LU, ACID-GB and QUNCP-LU).
Lenovo Group Ltd. has a fundamental score of 66 and has a relative valuation of UNDERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Lenovo Group Ltd.
- Compared to peers, relative underperformance over the last year is in contrast with the more recent outperformance.
- It currently trades at a Price/Book ratio of (2.16).
- LHL-DE outperforms its peers with a relatively high operating performance and the market also expects faster growth relative to its peers
- LHL-DE‘s relative asset efficiency and net profit margins are both around the median level.
- The company’s year-on-year change in revenues and earnings are better than the median among its peer group.
- Over the last five years, LHL-DE‘s return on assets has declined from about median to less than the median among its peers suggesting that the company’s historical competitiveness in operations is slipping away.
- Company appears to give away relatively high gross margins to relatively high operating costs suggesting a differentiated product portfolio with low pre-tax margins relative to peers.
- Compared with the peers chosen, LHL-DE has had faster revenue growth in prior years and a current P/E ratio that suggests faster growth in the future suggesting superior growth expectations.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- LHL-DE seems too levered to raise additional debt.
Access our research and ratings on Lenovo Group Ltd.
Leverage & Liquidity
LHL-DE would seem to have a hard time raising additional debt.
- With debt at a relatively high 43.05% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 57.84%), and relatively tight interest coverage level of 0.09x, LHL-DE would have a hard time raising much additional debt. The company has a Constrained profile in terms of its ability to take on further debt.
- All 4 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
LHL-DE has maintained its Limited Flexibility profile from the recent year-end.
- LHL-DE‘s interest coverage is its lowest relative to the last five years and compares to a high of 57.24x in 2013.
- Though its interest coverage decreased to 0.09x from 1.65x (in 2017), its peer median remained relatively stable during this period at 8.07x.
- Interest coverage fell 1.23 points relative to peers. It is also below the 2.50x coverage benchmark unlike the peer median.
- LHL-DE‘s debt-EV has declined 4.15 percentage points from last year’s high but remains above its five-year average debt-EV of 22.65.
- The decrease in its debt-EV to 43.05% from 47.20% (in 2017) was also accompanied by a decrease in its peer median during this period to 57.84% from 66.01%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV rose 4.02 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for Lenovo Group Ltd.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Compal Electronics, Inc. Sponsored GDR RegS||72.63||1.36||8.07||25.08|
|Acer Incorporated Sponsored GDR RegS||25.88||1.36||8.56||52.64|
|Quanta Computer Inc. Sponsored GDR RegS||85.73||1.18||5.52||9.74|
|Lenovo Group Limited||43.05||0.79||0.09||11.26|
|Best In Class||25.88||1.36||13.58||53.43|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Lenovo Group Ltd.?
Lenovo Group Ltd. is an investment holding company, which engages in the developing, manufacturing, and marketing technology products and services. Its products include personal computers, workstations, servers, storage, smart televisions, and mobile products such as smartphones, tablets, and applications. The company was founded in 1984 and is headquartered in Hong Kong.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.