Capitalcube gives Littelfuse, Inc. a score of 91.
Our analysis is based on comparing Littelfuse, Inc. with the following peers – Powell Industries, Inc., TE Connectivity Ltd., AVX Corporation, ON Semiconductor Corporation, General Electric Company, STMicroelectronics NV ADR RegS, CTS Corporation, Vishay Intertechnology, Inc., Bel Fuse Inc. Class A and Semtech Corporation (POWL-US, TEL-US, AVX-US, ON-US, GE-US, STM-US, CTS-US, VSH-US, BELFA-US and SMTC-US).
Littelfuse, Inc. has a fundamental score of 91 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Littelfuse, Inc.
- Compared to peers, relative outperformance over the last year has faded more recently.
- It currently trades at a Price/Book ratio of (4.85).
- LFUS-US outperforms its peers with a relatively high operating performance and the market also expects faster growth relative to its peers
- LFUS-US has relatively high profit margins while operating with median asset turns.
- Change in the company’s annual revenues seems to be coming at the expense of earnings.
- LFUS-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s relatively high pre-tax margin suggests tight control on operating costs versus peers.
- Compared with the peers chosen, LFUS-US has had faster revenue growth in prior years and a current P/E ratio that suggests faster growth in the future suggesting superior growth expectations.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- LFUS-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
Access our research and ratings on Littelfuse, Inc.
Leverage & Liquidity
LFUS-US has the financial and operating capacity to borrow quickly.
- With debt at a relatively low 12.80% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 15.11%), and a well-cushioned interest coverage level of 17.47x, LFUS-US can probably borrow quickly. We classify the company as Quick & Able in terms of its capacity to raise additional debt.
- Of the 10 chosen peers for the company, only 9 of the stocks have an outstanding debt balance. Companies with no debt include AVX-US.
LFUS-US has maintained its Quick & Able profile from the recent year-end.
- LFUS-US‘s interest coverage is its lowest relative to the last five years and compares to a high of 63.12x in 2012.
- While its interest coverage decreased to 17.47x from 21.10x (in 2016), its peer median increased during this period to 10.36x from 5.03x.
- Interest coverage fell 8.96 points relative to peers.
- LFUS-US‘s debt-EV is similar to last year’s high of 12.80%, which compares to a low of 7.80% in 2015.
- Though its debt-EV has remained relatively stable at 12.80% compared to 2016, its peer median has decreased to 15.11% from 18.02% during this period.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV rose 2.91 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for Littelfuse, Inc.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Powell Industries, Inc.||N/A||2.92||-108.43||283.5|
|TE Connectivity Ltd.||N/A||1.54||16.93||56.29|
|AVX Corporation||N/A||8.53||No interest exp||999|
|ON Semiconductor Corporation||29.8||1.97||4.02||36.08|
|General Electric Company||41.63||1.37||2.65||8.03|
|STMicroelectronics NV ADR RegS||13.01||2.29||27.77||54.16|
|Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.||17.2||4.33||10.36||110.79|
|Bel Fuse Inc. Class A||38.77||2.66||3.55||30.15|
|Best In Class||10.83||8.53||No interest exp||999|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Littelfuse, Inc.?
Littelfuse, Inc. engages in supplying of circuit protection products for the electronics, automotive and electrical industries. It offers electromechanical and electronic switch and control devices for commercial and specialty vehicles and sensors for automobile safety systems, as well as protection relays and power distribution centers for the safe control and distribution of electricity. It operates through the following segments: Electronics, Automotive, and Electrical. The Electronics segment includes the broadest and deepest portfolio of overvoltage and overcurrent solutions, as well as a leading offering of power switching devices. The Automotive segment maintains a direct sales force to service all the major automotive OEMs and system suppliers domestically. The Electrical segment markets and sells its power fuses and protection relays through the manufacturer’s representatives across North America. The company was founded by Edward V. Sundt in 1927 and is headquartered in Chicago, IL.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.