Capitalcube gives Localiza Rent A Car SA a score of 61.
Our analysis is based on comparing Localiza Rent A Car SA with the following peers – Companhia de Locacao das Americas and Marcopolo SA Pfd (LCAM3-BR and POMO4-BR).
Localiza Rent A Car SA has a fundamental score of 61 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Localiza Rent A Car SA
- Taking peer performance into consideration, relative performance over the last month and last year is around the peer median.
- Localiza Rent A Car S.A. currently trades at a higher Price/Book ratio (3.65) than its peer median (1.25).
- RENT3-BR‘s operating performance is relatively good compared to its peers. The market currently does not expect high earnings growth relative to its peers but seems to expect the company to maintain its relatively high rates of return.
- RENT3-BR‘s median net profit margins and relatively high asset efficiency give it some operating leverage.
- Compared with its chosen peers, changes in the company’s annual earnings are better than the changes in its revenue, implying better than median cost control and/or some economies of scale.
- Over the last five years, RENT3-BR‘s return on assets has improved from median to better than the median among its peers, suggesting the company has found relative operating advantages.
- RENT3-BR‘s revenue growth in recent years and current P/E ratio are both around their respective peer medians suggesting that historical performance and long-term growth expectations for the company are largely in sync.
- The company’s level of capital investment suggests it might be under-investing in a business with above median returns.
- RENT3-BR seems too levered to raise additional debt.
Access our research and ratings on Localiza Rent A Car SA
Leverage & Liquidity
RENT3-BR would seem to have a hard time raising additional debt.
- With debt at a relatively high 30.13% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 64.67%), and relatively tight interest coverage level of 1.66x, RENT3-BR would have a hard time raising much additional debt. The company has a Constrained profile in terms of its ability to take on further debt.
- All 2 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
RENT3-BR has maintained its Limited Flexibility profile from the recent year-end.
- RENT3-BR‘s interest coverage is similar to last year’s low of 1.62x, which compares to the 2013 high of 3.59x.
- Compared to 2015, interest coverage has remained relatively stable for both the company (1.66x) and the peer median (0.95x).
- RENT3-BR‘s debt-EV has declined 14.26 percentage points from last year’s high and is now below its five-year average debt-EV of 31.95.
- The decrease in its debt-EV to 30.13% from 44.40% (in 2015) was also accompanied by a decrease in its peer median during this period to 64.67% from 87.16%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV rose 8.23 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for Localiza Rent A Car SA
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Companhia de Locacao das Americas||88.1||1.74||0.95||58.06|
|Marcopolo SA Pfd||64.67||1.89||0.46||8.83|
|Localiza Rent A Car S.A.||30.13||1.05||1.66||66.2|
|Best In Class||30.13||1.89||1.66||66.2|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Localiza Rent A Car SA?
Localiza Rent A Car SA engages in the provision of car leasing and fleet management. It operates through the following segments: Car Rental, Fleet Rental, and Franchising. The Car Rental segment refers to car rentals in locations located inside and outside airports and offers among individuals and corporations as well a by insurance companies and car manufacturers that offer replacement vehicles to their customers in the case of accidents or mechanical repairs during the insurance or warranty term. The Fleet Rental segment is the management of fleet rentals for companies for long periods. The Franchising segment pertains to the management and granting of the right of use of the Localiza brand, including the transfer of the know-how required to operates the business. The company was founded by AntÃ´nio ClÃ¡udio BrandÃ£o Resende, FlÃ¡vio BrandÃ£o Resende, JosÃ© Salim Mattar Jr., and EugÃªnio Pacelli Mattar on May 17, 1973 and is headquartered in Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.