Lumax Industries Limited has moved from NEUTRAL to OVERVALUED
It has a Fundamental Analysis Score of 25 and a Capital Cube Implied Price of 256.18 INR
Lumax Industries Limited’s price of INR 336 is greater than CapitalCube’s implied price of INR 256.18. At this level, CapitalCube believes that Lumax Industries Limited is overvalued. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between INR 285 and INR 477.90.
- Relative underperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a lagging position.
- Lumax Industries Limited currently trades at a higher Price/Book ratio (1.81) than its peer median (1.44).
- The market expects 517206-IN to grow at about the same rate as the peers and to maintain the median returns it currently generates.
- 517206-IN has relatively low profit margins and median asset efficiency.
- Compared with its chosen peers, the company’s annual revenues and earnings change at a slower rate, implying a lack of strategic focus and/or lack of execution success.
- 517206-IN‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years has trailed the peer median and suggests the company might be operationally challenged relative to its peers.
- The company’s median gross margin and relatively low pre-tax margin suggest high operating costs versus peers.
- 517206-IN‘s revenue growth in recent years and current PE ratio are both around their respective peer medians suggesting that historical performance and long-term growth expectations for the company are largely in sync.
- The company’s capital investment seems appropriate for a business with peer median returns.
- 517206-IN seems too levered to raise additional debt.
Lumax Industries Limited has a fundamental score of 25 and has a relative valuation of OVERVALUED.
Lumax Industries Limited is on the bottom right quadrant of CapitalCube’s Value – Price Matrix. We therefore classify Lumax Industries Limited as ‘Speculative’. In other words, not only is Lumax Industries Limited’s Fundamental Analysis Score low at 25, but it is also potentially overvalued, in that it trades at a price higher than its CapitalCube Implied Price of 256.18.
Drivers of Valuation
The market expects 517206-IN to maintain the median rates of return it generates currently.
The market expects 517206-IN to grow at about the same rate as its chosen peers (PE of 16.49 compared to peer median of 17.06) and to maintain the peer median return (ROE of 11.12%) it currently generates.
The company currently trades at a higher Price/Book ratio of 1.81 compared to its peer median of 1.44.
517206-IN has moved towards a median ROE and PE from a Turnaround profile at the recent year-end.
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Lumax Industries Ltd. is a manufacturer and supplier of auto components mainly automotive lighting systems for four wheelers and two wheelers applications. Its products include head lamps, tail lamps, sundry lamps and auxiliary lamps. Lumax Industries was founded by Sagar Chand Jain in 1945 and is headquartered in New Delhi, India.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.