Capitalcube gives Martin Midstream Partners LP a score of 28.
Our analysis is based on comparing Martin Midstream Partners LP with the following peers – NGL Energy Partners LP, Enterprise Products Partners L.P., Arc Logistics Partners LP, Plains All American Pipeline, L.P., Cheniere Energy, Inc., Southcross Energy Partners, L.P., Chevron Corporation, Kirby Corporation, Ferrellgas Partners, L.P. and Genesis Energy, L.P. (NGL-US, EPD-US, ARCX-US, PAA-US, LNG-US, SXE-US, CVX-US, KEX-US, FGP-US and GEL-US).
Martin Midstream Partners LP has a fundamental score of 28 and has a relative valuation of UNDERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on Martin Midstream Partners LP
- Compared to peers, relative underperformance over the last year is in contrast with the more recent outperformance.
- It currently trades at a Price/Book ratio of (1.94).
- MMLP-US‘s operating performance is relatively good compared to its peers. The market currently does not expect high earnings growth relative to its peers but seems to expect the company to maintain its relatively high rates of return.
- MMLP-US has relatively low net profit margins while its asset efficiency is relatively high.
- Changes in annual earnings (relative to peers) are better than the change in its revenues (relative to peers), implying the company is focused more on earnings.
- MMLP-US‘s return on assets has improved from below median to about median among its peers over the last five years.
- The company’s relatively low gross and pre-tax margins suggest a non-differentiated product portfolio and not much control on operating costs relative to peers.
- While MMLP-US‘s revenues growth has been below the peer median in the last few years, the market still gives the stock a P/E ratio that is around peer median and seems to see the company as a long-term strategic bet.
- The company’s relatively low level of capital investment and below peer median returns on capital suggest that the company is in maintenance mode.
- MMLP-US seems too levered to raise additional debt.
Access our research and ratings on Martin Midstream Partners LP
Leverage & Liquidity
MMLP-US would seem to have a hard time raising additional debt.
- With debt at a relatively high 55.12% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 51.99%), and relatively tight interest coverage level of 1.05x, MMLP-US would have a hard time raising much additional debt. The company has a Constrained profile in terms of its ability to take on further debt.
- All 10 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
MMLP-US has maintained its Limited Flexibility profile from the recent year-end.
- MMLP-US‘s interest coverage is its lowest relative to the last five years and compares to a high of 2.32x in 2012.
- Compared to 2016, interest coverage has remained relatively stable for both the company (1.05x) and the peer median (1.05x).
- MMLP-US‘s debt-EV is similar to last year’s high of 55.12%, which compares to a low of 36.84% in 2012.
- Though its debt-EV has remained relatively stable at 55.12% compared to 2016, its peer median has increased to 51.99% from 47.20% during this period.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV fell 4.80 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for Martin Midstream Partners LP
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|NGL Energy Partners LP||65.39||1.56||0.57||8.23|
|Enterprise Products Partners L.P.||29.54||0.71||3.18||18.65|
|Arc Logistics Partners LP||39.14||0.96||1.75||20.95|
|Plains All American Pipeline, L.P.||40.3||1||2.66||13.08|
|Cheniere Energy, Inc.||69.1||3||0.75||3.8|
|Southcross Energy Partners, L.P.||88.47||1.06||-0.87||5.14|
|Ferrellgas Partners, L.P.||85.51||0.58||0.63||3.62|
|Genesis Energy, L.P.||48.87||1.62||0.98||10.67|
|Martin Midstream Partners L.P.||55.12||2.04||1.05||13.07|
|Best In Class||16.16||3||9.7||47.67|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Martin Midstream Partners LP?
Martin Midstream Partners LP is engaged in the diverse set of operations focused primarily in the United States Gulf Coast region. The company operates through the following segments: Terminalling and Storage, Natural Gas Services, Sulfur Services and Marine Transportation. The Terminalling & Storage segment owns or operates marine shore-based terminal facilities and specialty terminal facilities located primarily in the U.S. Gulf Coast region that provides storage, refining, blending, packaging, and handling services for producers and suppliers of petroleum products and by-products, including the refining of naphthenic crude oil and the blending and packaging of various grades and quantities of industrial, commercial, and automotive lubricants and greases. The Natural Gas Services segment distributes natural gas liquids. It purchases NGLs primarily from refineries and natural gas processors. The segment stores and transports NGLs for wholesale deliveries to refineries, industrial NGL users in Texas and the Southeastern U.S, and propane retailers. The Sulfur Services segment develops an integrated system of transportation assets and facilities relating to sulfur services. It processes and distributes sulfur produced by oil refineries primarily located in the U.S. Gulf Coast region. This segment buys and sells molten sulfur on contracts that are tied to sulfur indices and tend to provide stable margins. The Marine Transportation segment operates a fleet of inland marine tank barges, inland push boats, offshore tug, and barge unit that transport petroleum products and by-products largely in the U.S. Gulf Coast region. Martin Midstream Partners was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Kilgore, TX.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.