Capitalcube gives MEDNAX, Inc. a score of 81.
Our analysis is based on comparing MEDNAX, Inc. with the following peers – Tenet Healthcare Corporation, Universal Health Services, Inc. Class B, Community Health Systems, Inc., athenahealth, Inc., LifePoint Health, Inc. and Birner Dental Management Services, Inc. (THC-US, UHS-US, CYH-US, ATHN-US, LPNT-US and BDMS-US).
MEDNAX, Inc. has a fundamental score of 81 and has a relative valuation of UNDERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on MEDNAX, Inc.
- Compared to peers, relative underperformance over the last year is in contrast with the more recent outperformance.
- It’s current Price/Book of 1.44 is about median in its peer group.
- MD-US‘s operating performance is relatively good compared to its peers. The market currently does not expect high earnings growth relative to its peers but seems to expect the company to maintain its relatively high rates of return.
- MD-US‘s relatively high profit margins are burdened by relative asset inefficiency.
- The company’s year-on-year change in revenues and earnings are better than the median among its peer group.
- MD-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s relatively high gross and pre-tax margins suggest a differentiated product portfolio and tight control on operating costs relative to peers.
- MD-US‘s revenue growth in recent years and current P/E ratio are both around their respective peer medians suggesting that historical performance and long-term growth expectations for the company are largely in sync.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- MD-US has additional debt capacity.
Access our research and ratings on MEDNAX, Inc.
Leverage & Liquidity
MD-US has additional debt capacity.
- With debt at a reasonable 24.08% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 27.63%), and a well-cushioned interest coverage level of 7.61x, MD-US has the capacity to borrow some more.
- All 6 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
MD-US has maintained its relatively high liquidity profile from the recent year-end.
- MD-US‘s interest coverage is its lowest relative to the last five years and compares to a high of 120.04x in 2012.
- Though its interest coverage decreased to 7.61x from 9.30x (in 2016), its peer median remained relatively stable during this period at 2.70x.
- Interest coverage fell 2.15 points relative to peers.
- MD-US‘s debt-EV is its highest relative to the last five years and compares to a low of 0.51% in 2013.
- While its debt-EV increased to 24.08% from 21.63% (in 2016), its peer median decreased during this period to 27.63% from 28.61%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV rose 3.42 percentage points. Unlike the peer median, it is also below the 25% leverage benchmark.
Access the detailed analysis for MEDNAX, Inc.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Tenet Healthcare Corporation||79.38||1.24||1.21||17.88|
|Universal Health Services, Inc. Class B||26.05||1.33||9.23||30.56|
|Community Health Systems, Inc.||93.54||2.13||1.04||6.89|
|LifePoint Health, Inc.||51.53||1.82||2.7||17.96|
|Birner Dental Management Services, Inc.||27.63||0.3||-9.98||21.02|
|Best In Class||4.81||2.13||9.23||81.05|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for MEDNAX, Inc.?
MEDNAX, Inc. provides physician services including newborn, anesthesia, maternal-fetal, teleradiology, pediatric cardiology and other pediatric subspecialty care. Its services include neonatal care, maternal-fetal care, anesthesia and anesthesia subspecialty care, pain management and other pediatric subspecialty care. The company was founded by Roger J. Medel in 1979 and is headquartered in Sunrise, FL.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.