Mesabi Trust relative valuation is OVERVALUED and it has a fundamental analysis score of 71.
Our analysis is based on comparing Mesabi Trust with the following peers – Dominion Resources Black Warrior Trust, Marine Petroleum Trust, Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc., MSC Industrial Direct Co., Inc. Class A and Whiting USA Trust II Trust Units (DOMR-US, MARPS-US, AIT-US, MSM-US and WHZT-US).
Mesabi Trust has shown underwhelming performance over the last one year while growing strongly over the last month. Mesabi Trust’s price momentum over the last month, at 30.60% has been better than that over the last year, which was -22.19%. Also from a peer group perspective, Mesabi Trust has performed better, since the peer group performance was 0.13% over the last month.
- Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
- Mesabi Trust currently trades at a higher Price/Book ratio (16.07) than its peer median (2.68).
- MSB-US outperforms its peers with a relatively high operating performance and the market also expects faster growth relative to its peers
- MSB-US has relatively high profit margins while operating with median asset turns.
- Compared with its chosen peers, the company’s annual revenues and earnings change at a slower rate, implying a lack of strategic focus and/or lack of execution success.
- MSB-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- While MSB-US‘s revenues have increased slower than peer median, the market currently gives the company a higher than peer median P/E ratio and may be factoring in some sort of a strategic play.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- Our analysis rates Mesabi Trust as OVERVALUED relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
Considering peers, relative outperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a leading position.
MSB-US‘s share price performance of -22.19% over the last 12 months is above peer median of -38.72%. The 30-day trend in its share price performance of 30.60% is also above the peer median of 0.13% suggesting that this company is a leading performer relative to its peers.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
Mesabi Trust’s price of USD 11.01 is greater than CapitalCube’s implied price of USD 4.86. At this level, CapitalCube believes that Mesabi Trust is overvalued. Over the last 52 week period, the stock has fluctuated between USD 3 and USD 14.18.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
Mesabi Trust operates as a royalty trust. It holds interest in Peter Mitchell iron mine located near Babbitt, Minnesota at the Eastern end of the Mesabi iron range. The company was founded on July 18, 1961 and is headquartered in New York, NY.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.