Capitalcube gives Multi-Color Corp. a score of 63.
Our analysis is based on comparing Multi-Color Corp. with the following peers – InnerWorkings, Inc., R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company, Cimpress N.V., Cenveo, Inc. and Brady Corporation Class A (INWK-US, RRD-US, CMPR-US, CVO-US and BRC-US).
Multi-Color Corp. has a fundamental score of 63 and has a relative valuation of NEUTRAL.
Access our research and ratings on Multi-Color Corp.
- Compared to peers, relative underperformance over the last year is in contrast with the more recent outperformance.
- Multi-Color Corporation’s current Price/Book of 2.83 is about median in its peer group.
- The market expects LABL-US to grow more slowly than its peers and for its median ROE to decline.
- LABL-US‘s relatively high profit margins are burdened by relative asset inefficiency.
- Change in the company’s annual revenues seems to be coming at the expense of earnings.
- LABL-US‘s return on assets currently and over the past five years suggest that its relatively high operating returns are sustainable.
- The company’s relatively high pre-tax margin suggests tight control on operating costs versus peers.
- While LABL-US‘s revenue growth in recent years has been above the peer median, the stock’s P/E ratio is less than the peer median suggesting that the company’s earnings may be peaking and the market expects a decline in its growth expectations.
- The company’s level of capital investment suggests it might be under-investing in a business with above median returns.
- LABL-US might have enough interest coverage to take-on additional debt prudently.
Access our research and ratings on Multi-Color Corp.
Leverage & Liquidity
LABL-US might have enough interest coverage to take-on additional debt.
- While LABL-US‘s debt to enterprise ratio of 34.45% is on the high side compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 28.06%), it also enjoys a relatively high interest coverage level of 4.14x which may give the company enough financial strength to support additional debt. Thus, the company is classified as having Some Capacity to raise more debt.
- All 5 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
LABL-US has moved to a Some Capacity from a relatively high liquidity profile at the recent year-end.
- LABL-US‘s interest coverage is upward trending and is now similar to its five-year average interest coverage of 3.84x.
- Though its interest coverage has remained relatively stable at 4.14x compared to 2015, its peer median has decreased to 3.86x from 4.92x during this period.
- Interest coverage rose 1.11 points relative to peers (and is now higher than its peer median).
- LABL-US‘s debt-EV has increased 5.69 percentage points from last year’s low but is still below its five-year average debt-EV of 42.27.
- The increase in its debt-EV to 34.45% from 28.76% (in 2015) was also accompanied by an increase in its peer median during this period to 28.06% from 25.02%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV rose 2.64 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for Multi-Color Corp.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company||55.92||1.33||2.49||18.4|
|Brady Corporation Class A||20.05||2.58||10.34||40.65|
|Best In Class||20.05||2.58||10.34||40.65|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Multi-Color Corp.?
Multi-Color Corp. is engaged in the business of global label solutions supporting various brands such as home and personal care, wine and spirit, food and beverages, healthcare and specialty consumer products. Its products include pressure sensitive labels, in-molds, glue-applied, heat transfer, and shrink sleeve labels. The company also provides services such as conversion of customer digital files and artwork into proofs, production of print layouts and printing plates, and product mock ups and samples for market research. The company was founded in 1916 and is headquartered in Batavia, OH.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.