Capitalcube gives Multi-Color Corp. a score of 66.
Our analysis is based on comparing Multi-Color Corp. with the following peers – InnerWorkings, Inc., R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company, Cimpress N.V., Cenveo, Inc. and Brady Corporation Class A (INWK-US, RRD-US, CMPR-US, CVO-US and BRC-US).
Multi-Color Corp. has a fundamental score of 66 and has a relative valuation of NEUTRAL.
Access our research and ratings on Multi-Color Corp.
- Considering peers, relative underperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a lagging position.
- Multi-Color Corporation’s current Price/Book of 3.19 is about median in its peer group.
- The market expects LABL-US to grow at about the same rate as the peers and to maintain the median returns it currently generates.
- LABL-US‘s relatively high profit margins are burdened by relative asset inefficiency.
- Changes in annual revenues (relative to peers) are better than the change in its earnings (relative to peers), implying the company is focused more on revenues.
- Over the last five years, LABL-US‘s return on assets has declined from above median to about median among its peers, indicating declining relative operating performance.
- The company’s relatively high pre-tax margin suggests tight control on operating costs versus peers.
- While LABL-US‘s revenues in recent years have grown faster than the peer median, the market gives the stock a P/E ratio that is around peer median suggesting that the market has some questions about the company’s long-term strategy.
- The company’s level of capital investment seems appropriate to support the company’s growth.
- LABL-US might have enough interest coverage to take-on additional debt prudently.
Access our research and ratings on Multi-Color Corp.
Leverage & Liquidity
LABL-US might have enough interest coverage to take-on additional debt.
- While LABL-US‘s debt to enterprise ratio of 32.51% is on the high side compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 27.40%), it also enjoys a relatively high interest coverage level of 4.14x which may give the company enough financial strength to support additional debt. Thus, the company is classified as having Some Capacity to raise more debt.
- All 5 peers for the company have an outstanding debt balance.
LABL-US has maintained its Some Capacity profile from the recent year-end.
- LABL-US‘s interest coverage is its highest relative to the last five years and compares to a low of 3.22x in 2012.
- Compared to 2016, interest coverage has remained relatively stable for both the company (4.14x) and the peer median (3.50x).
- LABL-US‘s debt-EV is over one standard deviation below its five-year average debt-EV of 43.01%.
- The decrease in its debt-EV to 32.51% from 37.07% (in 2016) was also accompanied by a decrease in its peer median during this period to 27.40% from 29.68%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV fell 2.28 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for Multi-Color Corp.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company||52.55||1.22||2.25||17.48|
|Brady Corporation Class A||12.78||2.44||15.09||52.18|
|Best In Class||12.78||2.44||15.09||52.18|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for Multi-Color Corp.?
Multi-Color Corp. engages in the provision of label solutions supporting various industries such as home and personal care, wine and spirit, food and beverage, healthcare and specialty consumer products. It offers pressure sensitive labels, in-mold labels, heat transfer labels, glue-applied labels, shrink sleeve labels, and graphic services. The company was founded in 1916 and is headquartered in Batavia, OH.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.