Capitalcube gives MYOS Corp. a score of 25.
Our analysis is based on comparing MYOS Corp. with the following peers – GTx, Inc., XOMA Corporation, Xencor, Inc. and Omeros Corporation (GTXI-US, XOMA-US, XNCR-US and OMER-US).
MYOS Corp. has a fundamental score of 25 and has a relative valuation of UNDERVALUED.
Access our research and ratings on MYOS Corp.
- Considering peers, relative underperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a lagging position.
- MYOS Corporation trades at a lower Price/Book multiple (1.57) than its peer median (35.81).
- MYOS-US‘s earnings and EBITDA are both negative which suggest that P/E or Price/EBITDA are not meaningful to make this analysis between operating advantage (ROE) and growth expectations (as suggested by P/E or P/EBITDA).
- MYOS-US‘s relatively low net margins and poor asset turns suggest a problematic operating strategy.
- Change in the company’s annual revenues seems to be coming at the expense of earnings.
- MYOS-US‘s return on assets has improved from below median to about median among its peers over the last five years.
- MYOS-US‘s earnings and EBITDA are both negative which suggest that P/E or Price/EBITDA are not meaningful for an analysis between historical growth (using annualized three-year revenue growth) and investor growth expectations (as suggested by P/E or Price/EBITDA) .
- MYOS-US‘s operating performance may not allow it to raise additional debt.
Access our research and ratings on MYOS Corp.
Leverage & Liquidity
MYOS-US would seem to have a hard time raising additional debt.
- With debt at a relatively low 4.47% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 4.47%), and relatively tight interest coverage level of -1,310.50x, MYOS-US would have a hard time raising much additional debt. Thus, the company is classified as having Limited Flexibility when it comes to raising more debt.
- Of the 4 chosen peers for the company, only 2 of the stocks have an outstanding debt balance. Companies with no debt include GTXI-US and XNCR-US.
MYOS-US has maintained its Constrained profile from the recent year-end.
- MYOS-US‘s interest coverage is greater than (but within one standard deviation of) its five-year average interest coverage of -85,657.50x.
- Though its interest coverage has remained relatively stable at -1,310.50x compared to 2014, its peer median has decreased to -666.47x from -665.34x during this period.
- Interest coverage rose 1.13 points relative to peers.
- MYOS-US‘s debt-EV has increased 4.47 percentage points from last year’s low but is still below its five-year average debt-EV of 5.73.
- The increase in its debt-EV to 4.47% from 0% (in 2014) was also accompanied by an increase in its peer median during this period to 4.47% from 0%.
Access the detailed analysis for MYOS Corp.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Best In Class||4.47||8.29||-18.92||999|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for MYOS Corp.?
MYOS Corp. operates as a development stage company, which focuses on discovery, development and commercialization of therapeutic products, nutritional supplements and other technologies aimed at improving the health and performance of muscle tissue. The company’s initial core brand product is MYO-T12, a myostatin-inhibiting product reduces serum myostatin levels. MYOS was founded on April 11, 2007 and is headquartered in Cedar Knolls, NJ.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.