Capitalcube gives NantKwest, Inc. a score of 21.
Our analysis is based on comparing NantKwest, Inc. with the following peers – Momenta Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Molecular Templates, Inc., Seres Therapeutics Inc and Microbix Biosystems Inc. (MNTA-US, MTEM-US, MCRB-US and MBX-CA).
NantKwest, Inc. has a fundamental score of 21 and has a relative valuation of NEUTRAL.
Access our research and ratings on NantKwest, Inc.
- Considering peers, relative underperformance over the last year and the last month suggest a lagging position.
- It trades at a lower Price/Book multiple (1.85) than its peer median (3.20).
- NK-US‘s earnings and EBITDA are both negative which suggest that P/E or Price/EBITDA are not meaningful to make this analysis between operating advantage (ROE) and growth expectations (as suggested by P/E or P/EBITDA).
- NK-US‘s relatively low net margins and poor asset turns suggest a problematic operating strategy.
- Changes in annual earnings (relative to peers) are better than the change in its revenues (relative to peers), implying the company is focused more on earnings.
- NK-US‘s return on assets has improved from below median to about median among its peers over the last five years.
- NK-US‘s earnings and EBITDA are both negative which suggest that P/E or Price/EBITDA are not meaningful for an analysis between historical growth (using annualized three-year revenue growth) and investor growth expectations (as suggested by P/E or Price/EBITDA) .
- NK-US‘s operating performance may not allow it to raise additional debt.
Access our research and ratings on NantKwest, Inc.
Leverage & Liquidity
NK-US would seem to have a hard time raising additional debt.
- With debt at a relatively low 4.97% of its enterprise value compared to an overall benchmark of 25% (Note: The peer median is currently 0%), and relatively tight interest coverage level of -417.13x, NK-US would have a hard time raising much additional debt. Thus, the company is classified as having Limited Flexibility when it comes to raising more debt.
- Of the 4 chosen peers for the company, only 1 of the stocks have an outstanding debt balance (including MBX-CA). Companies with no debt include MNTA-US, MTEM-US and MCRB-US.
NK-US has maintained its Constrained profile from the recent year-end.
- NK-US‘s interest coverage has increased 1,469.23 points from last year’s low but is still below its five-year average interest coverage of -225.94.
- Though its interest coverage increased to -417.13x from -1,886.36x (in 2016), its peer median remained relatively stable during this period at 999x.
- Interest coverage rose 1,469.23 points relative to peers. It is also below the 2.50x coverage benchmark unlike the peer median.
- NK-US‘s debt-EV is its highest relative to the last five years and compares to a low of -0.45% in 2014.
- Like the interest coverage trend, its debt-EV also increased (to 4.97% from 2.95%), while its peer median remained relatively stable during this period at 0%.
- Relative to peers, debt-EV rose 2.02 percentage points.
Access the detailed analysis for NantKwest, Inc.
Key Liquidity Items
|Company||Debt/Enterprise Value (%)||Current Ratio||Interest Coverage (x)||Cash Flow To Total Debt (%)|
|Momenta Pharmaceuticals, Inc.||0||4.08||No interest exp||999|
|Molecular Templates, Inc.||0||8.41||No interest exp||999|
|Seres Therapeutics Inc||0||6.86||No interest exp||999|
|Microbix Biosystems Inc.||32.83||1.08||0.99||15.31|
|Peer Median||0||4.92||No interest exp||999|
|Best In Class||4.97||8.41||No interest exp||999|
Looking for more metrics and analysis for NantKwest, Inc.?
NantKwest, Inc. is a next generation clinical-stage immunotherapy company, which engages n the development and production of cancer treatment products. Its products are based on its proprietary natural killer (NK) cell line, NK-92. The firm operates through the following geographical segments: United States; Europe; and Other non-U.S. It also develops cell therapies for renal cell carcinoma and melanoma. The company was founded by Gary N. Keller and Hans Georg Klingemannon October 7, 2002 and is headquartered in Culver City, CA.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.