National Security Group, Inc. relative valuation is NEUTRAL and it has a fundamental analysis score of 25.
Our analysis is based on comparing National Security Group, Inc. with the following peers – Allstate Corporation, Atlantic American Corporation, MetLife, Inc., Assurant, Inc., United Insurance Holdings Corp., HCI Group, Inc., Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc., Heritage Insurance Holdings, Inc., Federated National Holding Company and Hilltop Holdings Inc. (ALL-US, AAME-US, MET-US, AIZ-US, UIHC-US, HCI-US, UVE-US, HRTG-US, FNHC-US and HTH-US).
National Security Group, Inc. has shown underwhelming performance over the last one year while growing strongly over the last month. National Security Group, Inc.’s price momentum over the last month, at 21.74% has been better than that over the last year, which was -14.37%. Also from a peer group perspective, National Security Group, Inc. has performed better, since the peer group performance was 4.26% over the last month.
- Compared to peers, relative underperformance over the last year is in contrast with the more recent outperformance.
- It trades at a lower Price/Book multiple (0.82) than its peer median (1.26).
- We classify NSEC-US as Challenged because of its below median returns and the market’s relatively low growth expectations.
- NSEC-US has relatively low profit margins and median capital efficiency.
- Changes in the company’s annual revenue and earnings are around the median among its peers.
- NSEC-US’s return on equity currently and over the past five years has trailed the peer median and suggests the company might be operationally challenged relative to its peers.
- While the company does not seem to have a relative advantage in its underwiting margins, its relatively low pre-tax margin suggests less control on operating costs versus peers.
- While NSEC-US’s revenues growth in recent years has been around the peer median, the stock’s below peer median P/E ratio suggests that the market likely sees the company’s long-term growth prospects to be fading.
- The company’s equity capital investment seems appropriate for a business with peer median returns.
- Our analysis rates National Security Group, Inc. as NEUTRAL relative to its peers.
Share Price Performance
Compared to peers, relative underperformance over the last year is in contrast with the more recent outperformance.
NSEC-US’s share price performance of -14.37% over the last 12 months is below its peer median but its 30-day trend in share price performance of 21.74% is better than the peer median. This recent rising stock price may herald a change in relative share price performance.
Quadrant label definitions. Hover to know more
National Security Group, Inc. is currently neutrally valued, as its previous close of USD 15.40 lies within the CapitalCube estimate range of USD 14.83 to USD 17.99. Over the last 52 week period, National Security Group, Inc. has fluctuated between USD 11.53 and USD 19.
Valuation & Peer Metrics
A complete list of valuation metrics is available on the company page.
National Security Group, Inc. is an insurance holding company, which engages in the provision of life insurance. It operates through Property and Casualty Insurance, and Life Insurance segments. The Property and Casualty Insurance segment includes home insurance coverage with primary lines of business consisting of dwelling fire and extended coverage, homeowners, and other liability. The Life Insurance segment consists of traditional life insurance, and accident and health insurance. The company was founded in 1947 and is headquartered in Elba, AL.
The information presented in this report has been obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, but AnalytixInsight does not make any representation about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of this information. This report was produced by AnalytixInsight for informational purposes only and nothing contained herein should be construed as an offer to buy or sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or derivative instrument. This report is current only as of the date that it was published and the opinions, estimates, ratings and other information may change without notice or publication. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Prior to making an investment or other financial decision, please consult with your financial, legal and tax advisors. AnalytixInsight shall not be liable for any party’s use of this report. AnalytixInsight is not a broker-dealer and does not buy, sell, maintain a position, or make a market in any security referred to herein. One of the principal tenets for us at AnalytixInsight is that the best person to handle your finances is you. By your use of our services or by reading any our reports, you’re agreeing that you bear responsibility for your own investment research and investment decisions. You also agree that AnalytixInsight, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based on news, information, opinion, or any other material generated by us and/or published through our services. For a complete copy of our disclaimer, please visit our website www.analytixinsight.com.